Happy weekend! The wine slushies from last week had me thinking me more about easy ways to make delicious frozen boozy treats. And this week's idea is just as simple. Two ingredients. Endless flavor combinations. And while it's ridiculously easy, it's also ridiculously chic making it the perfect finale for your next dinner party.
For this recipe, I'm using Ciao Bella Sorbetto - there are SO many yummy flavors to choose from, but I'm partial to Wild Italian Strawberry Limonata, Alphonoso Mango and Pacific Northwest Raspberry. And the Sicilian Limone. And the Marion Blackberry Cabernet. Luckily, I have a big freezer.
One of my favorite things about Ciao Bella is the short list of ingredients you'll find on their sorbets - and that you can pronounce them all! Blackberry puree, cane sugar, water, cabernet wine reduction, lemon juice, pectin. It's how my imaginary Italian grandmother would have made sorbet. This also lets the flavor truly shine in each sorbet which means I only need a small scoop to feel decadently satisfied. On to tonight's drink....
- Ciao Bella Sorbetto - flavor of your choice
- Sparkling wine - Prosecco, Champagne or whatever sparkling wine you have on hand
- Scoop your favorite sorbet flavor into a dessert dish, margarita glass or martini glass.
- Top with your favorite sparkly wine.
- Garnish with a mint leaf, lemon zest or candied orange peel
Is it a drink? Is it a dessert? With this cocktail, you won't have to choose. Now head over to The Shopping Mama for a delicious blood orange margarita recipe!