This girl is a wee bit in denial that the holidays are over, so I'm hangin' on to anything holiday(ish) that still works simply because it's winter. Hot chocolate is definitely something my family enjoys during the holidays, but there's no reason we can't sip on a steaming cuppa chocolate goodness on any old winter evening, holiday or not! Am I right?
In fact, I've been noticing a slew of red wine hot chocolate drinks popping up all over Pinterest, so I decided to tackle one myself. Now, being ever short on time, I opted to work some hacks into the equation. More involved recipes call for real chocolate and a lot more time, whereas I went for a pre-made hot chocolate mix and relied on hot milk to heat up the wine instead of giving it some time on the stove too. If I'm anything, I'm all about easy!
Ingredients (serves 1):
3/4 cup of milk
4 oz. of red wine
1 1/2 tbs. of hot cocoa mix
1 Hershey's Kiss (optional)
Fun Ways to Discover Venice Italy with Your Family
Greetings from Italy wear the gelato is rich, the clothes divine and the scenery is inspiring. Now that I've been to this fine city in the north of Italy, twice, I've amassed a list of favorites to share. These are some fun ways to discover Venice, Italy with your family. ...read more
Best of Northern Italy Villa Cipriani Luxury Resort Review
Italy is a country that just keeps surprising and delighting me. After visiting the larger cities and making a few trips south to Sicily, Mr. Momtrends and I ventured to the northern part of the country on our last trip. Our home base was the delightful Villa Cipriani. This ...read more
Here's What No One Tells You About Olive Oil
produce is at its absolute PEAK right now. It's the time to prepare fresh veggies and fruit with ease and simplicity. When it comes to cooking, the farmer's market is my muse. As I prepare some of my summer harvest favorites, I'm sharing a little secret, what you put ON the ...read more
1. Pour the wine in a mug and set aside.
2. Bring the milk to a simmer (be careful not to scald it) on the stove.
3. Add the hot cocoa mix to the mix and stir. (Here is where you can pop in the Hershey's Kiss candy if you so desire. The hot milk will melt it and make your hot chocolate extra chocolatey).
4. Pour the piping hot mixture into your mug of wine.
5. Enjoy! And enjoy you will...I promise. I know it sounds like an add combination, but you know how delicious a nice chocolate and wine pairing is right? Well, put the two flavors together in a cup and the flavor is divinely decadent!
And for more cocktail inspiration, head over to The Shopping Mama for their Saturday Sips!