Recipezaar.com was started as couple of self-describe food geeks in Seattle. They wanted to make it easier to search for recipes. You can search for a dinner recipe with what you have on hand. They also have a shopping list feature (you have to register) and a menu planner (for a fee the recipes are free).
Right now they have more than 360,000 recipes from their members. I love that they feature a Chef of the Day (Flour Power was the chef today). You can search by recipes, cookbooks, ingredients or members. I wanted to update our fish repertoire so I sorted by ingredient. I entered flounder and got six pages of suggestions.
I opted for Greek Flounder. A quick scan of the ingredient list showed me this was a healthy dish (about 120 calories per serving) I could make with things I had on hand. On the bad side: I wish the recipe had a picture, and the nutritional information wasn't 100% accurate. On the good side: The prep time 5 minutes. Bake time 15 minutes. I served with couscous. It was delish and so easy--ideal for a school night. See my picture above. All in all I like the site and would use it again, but allrecipes.com is still my fave. SERVES 4
* 1/4 cup lemon juice
* 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper
* 4 (4 ounce) flounder fillets
* vegetable oil cooking spray
* 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place fish in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; pour lemon juice mixture over fish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 13 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Sprinkle with parsley (we used cilantro).
I linked this review and recipe here:
- I am Blissfully Domestic at Blissfully Domestic
- Tackle-it-Tuesday at 5 Minutes for Mom.
- Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at Blessed With Grace.
- Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.
- Talk About It Tuesday at The Lazy Organizer
- Totally Talented Tuesday at Two of a Kind, Working on a Full House
-Kitchen Tip Tuesday at Tammy's Recipes.