Looking to try a new vegetable this summer? I just learned how to cook tatsoi. This summer we spotted tatsoi at our local market. My girls were interested in it and I want to encourage them to try new things. I took their lead. Always up for a food challenge--by that I mean trying something new, I bought a few bunches to bring home and I figured out how to cook tatsoi.
How to Cook Tatsoi
I was stumped about the leafy green and did some research (thank goodness for the Internets!). Turns out this sweet vegetable is related to Bok Choy which I already know and love. It's crisp, sweet and quick to cook. Once I found that out, I decided to make an Asian stir-fry. Now it is a regular side dish on our table.
Easy Tatsoi Stir Fry Recipe
- 1 bunch tatsoi cleaned and trimmed of stalks at the bottom (the leafs can hold dirt like a leek or bok choy so be sure to give them a thorough rinse)
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp grated ginger
Tatsoi Stir Fry Recipe Directions
- Boil a large pot of water. When water is at a rapid boil, add cleaned tatsoi greens.
- Remove them quickly so the greens don't get soggy and overcooked. I like my veggies nice and crisp.
- Blanch (drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process) and set aside.
- Heat oil, add garlic and stir for about 1 minute.
- Add ginger, stir 30 seconds.
- Add greens, stir for a few more minutes.
- Add soy sauce--I recommend going light on this, too much salt can wreck the flavor. Remove from heat.
New Victory Announces a New Season of Shows
We know you're busy planning picnics and summer outings, but we wanted to let you know that The New Victory just announced their new season and it looks fantastic. We thought you'd like a sneak peek of what's in store! Each year the New Vic theater brings culture to tourists and ...read more
Fun Ways to Discover Venice Italy with Your Family
Greetings from Italy wear the gelato is rich, the clothes divine and the scenery is inspiring. Now that I've been to this fine city in the north of Italy, twice, I've amassed a list of favorites to share. These are some fun ways to discover Venice, Italy with your family. ...read more
Best of Northern Italy Villa Cipriani Luxury Resort Review
Italy is a country that just keeps surprising and delighting me. After visiting the larger cities and making a few trips south to Sicily, Mr. Momtrends and I ventured to the northern part of the country on our last trip. Our home base was the delightful Villa Cipriani. This ...read more
This is an excellent pairing with salmon or another fatty, meaty fish (you know I have found ways to get my girls to enjoy fish). Enjoy and let me know if you try this vegetable.
NOTE: we keep our ginger in the freezer to keep it fresh. It's also easier to grate when it is frozen.
These tatsoi recipes also look delicious:
More Food Trends from Momtrends
- The Smoothie Project
- Veggie Nugget Recipe from Weelicious
- 10 Hearty Breakfast Recipes to Make in Winter
Use Pinterest to save your favorite recipes ideas. Be sure to follow our Recipes to Inspire Board here.
This is not a sponsored post.