How are those New Year's resolutions going? Did you think about doing a cleanse this January and then never took the next step to make it happen? I'm here to tell you that it's NOT TOO LATE. In fact, it's never too late! While January 1st is a nice feel-good time to start a cleanse, any day, any week, any month is a good time to take care of yourself. So this mid-January, I tried out the Urban Remedy Metta-MorphosisCleanse. This is no ordinary cleanse. The Metta-Morphosis is #morethanacleanse. Read on to find out what makes this cleanse different - and why you just might want to try it. (Plus a coupon code!)
Metta-Morphosis is a brand new holistic program from Urban Remedy designed to "revitalize your body, refocus your mind, and rejuvenate your spirit." The program includes organic plant-based juices, soups, and salads, but also adds emails that include morning and evening mindfulness and meditation instructions as well as yoga and strength training "purposeful movement" videos. There is also a Facebook community you get access to in order to ask questions to the program founders and get tips and support from fellow cleansers.
Why is it called "metta" morphosis? According to the UR website, "Metta mediatation, or the practice of loving kindness, is known for its ability to remove clinging to negative states of mind by cultivating kindness towards all beings. By putting the focus on Metta principles and applying them to the whole self, Metta-Morphosis empowers people to make healthier choices in all parts of their life."
I was intrigued by this program for a few reasons:
- It's more than just juice. I've done a juice-only cleanse before and it's really not very enjoyable. You miss chewing and the simple sensation of something solid in your mouth! So I loved that this plan included salads and soups.
- It's more than just about what goes into your stomach. Yes, the Metta-Morphosis program is about food and gets you eating clean and plant-based, but with the addition of the yoga and strength training videos and the morning and evening meditations, you're also feeding your body and your mind too. Because life is about much more than just what you eat.
So it's no surprise that Urban Remedy calls the Metta-Morphosis plan #morethanacleanse!
The program cost $65/day (but check out the coupon code below for a discount!) and you can choose a 3 or 5 day plan. Urban Remedy sends you a big cold box full of all the juices, salads and soups, a pre-diet plan (ideally, you'll want to start eliminating or cutting back on things like caffeine, alcohol, red meat, etc. for a few days beforehand), and then daily emails with your meditations and videos for the day. Here's a sample daily plan:
Ten Things You Can Do RIGHT NOW to get ready for ski season
I finally see snow in the forecast here in Vermont and that means ski season isn't too far away. Like all gear-intensive sports, you're going to need to do some pre-season work to make sure you're ready for the first snow day. And don't forget, skiing and riding also require ...read more
Cheesy Chicken Nacho Recipe
This week you're likely to let the kids indulge a bit on sweets. And guess what? More holidays are coming. The kids want sweets. Moms want the kids to eat well-balanced meals with plenty of nutrition. I rely on easy recipes that are ready in a flash with wholesome ingredients ...read more
Planning Snack Sized Fall Family Adventures
Fall is simply the best time of year for family adventures. When you live in New England, nature simply beckons you outdoors. Life was simpler when the girls were little, we had wide open calendars and outdoor adventures were easier to execute. But now with school plays, cross ...read more
If you follow me on Instagram (@katebayless), you would have seen a play-by-play of my first two days on the program on my Insta-stories (eggplant bacon, anyone?). After completing the three-day cleanse, I have a few takeaways of the Metta-Morphosis program:
- The food tastes good! While the green juices taste VERY health, I did get used to them and even enjoy them! The salads were all delicious, the afternoon "shots" potent and yummy, and the evening soups tasty and interesting. So while the food may be different than what you're used to, it's good.
- You won't go hungry. While the program is likely a significant change from your regular diet, you won't be hungry - the program provides 1300 calories a day. Although trading in much of your food for green juice and soup will leave you feeling....a different kind of full.
- You might lose weight. While weight loss isn't the main goal of this plan, I dropped 2 lbs over the three days and in the community Facebook group, I saw that one woman dropped 8 lbs on the 5-day Metta-Morphosis plan.
- You'll become more mindful of your eating. One of my biggest takeaways from the program was how it made me so much more mindful of what and how much I was eating. The program helped to reset my taste buds and my body to needing less sugar, less coffee, less wine, less food overall. It also reminded me how good food can be when we pay attention to what we're eating. After the cleanse, I made myself a solitary egg and - It. Was. So. Amazing.
One last note before you start thinking, "I'd never have the willpower to do a program like that". Confession: I cheated. I had almonds the first afternoon because I was craving something crunchy and coffee the second morning because mom needs to be functional (though I skipped my creamer and pinch of sugar and put the cleanse's cashew milk instead - so yummy!) The goal is not perfection - the goal is to make small changes to being healthier. I'm back to making my own green juice a few mornings a week and am swapping in the cashew milk in my coffee. I'm trying to be more mindful of what I eat and am generally eating less after the cleanse.
Interested in giving the Metta-Morphosis plan or another Urban Remedy cleanse a try? I have two great coupons to share with you:
$10 off/day theMetta-Morphosis program with the code Metta55. So it's only $55/day for three meals instead of $65/day.
15% off all Urban Remedy cleanses with the code AMAZING. This includes juice cleanses AND their new soup cleanse (this is great if you want to cleanse but eat hot food). If you spend more than $75, shipping is FREE too!
So don't worry that it's mid-January. Make a decision today to do something to give yourself a reset. There's isn't a bad time to do something good for your body.
Have questions about the Metta-Morphosis program? Leave them below and I'll do my best to answer.
Momtrends was not paid for this post. We were provided with a Metta-Morphosis program.