Tips for cooking the perfect burger have arrived! Have you been serving unevenly cooked burgers or worse, charred beef? Yuck. The fine editors at Dash have solutions in their July issue and we're highlighting them for this week's Friday Food.
Chipotle chiles mixed right in with the meat make for a super-flavorful patty. Cool coleslaw piled on top counters the heat from the adobo.
1 lb ground beef
2 Tbsp canned chipotle chiles in adobo, with sauce
½ cup finely chopped onion
1 tsp salt
4 hamburger buns
Coleslaw, for garnish
1 tomato, sliced, for garnish
Lettuce, for garnish
1. Season ground beef with canned chipotle chiles, including sauce, onion, and 1 tsp salt. Form into 4 patties. Grill, turning once, until done.
2. Grill buns, cut side down, about 30 seconds. Serve burgers in buns with coleslaw, tomato slices, and lettuce.
Serves 4. Per serving (not including garnishes): 350 cal, 25g carbs, 25g protein, 17g fat, 70mg chol, 910mg sodium, 1g fiber
And here are tips for grilling your burger to perfection:
- Start with cold meat (even your hands should be cold)
- Have patties of uniform size. 3/4" thick is recommended
- Put a thumb print in each pattie when it pops up the burger is done
- Don't flip burgers a lot--one time is plenty!
- Use meat thermometer 145 for rare 160 medium 170 for well-done.
Dash is the food magazine from the publishers of Parade. Dash aims to help busy moms balance the demands of work and family with the daily '??dash'? to get meals on the table.
The July issue features great meals in 30 minutes or less, delicious summer berry pie, ten easy things to do with corn and so much more. check it out at www.dashrecipes.com
Share your latest finds and paste our linky to spread your recipes across the land:
<center><a href="http://www.momtrends.com/category/food/" mce_href="http://www.momtrends.com/category/food/" target="_blank"><img border="0" alt="Friday Food" src="http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk31/momtrens/friday-food150.png" mce_src="http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk31/momtrens/friday-food150.png"/></a></center>
We've also shared with: