Are your kids always hungry? My three boys seem to be hungry constantly despite my feeding them, so I'm always on the lookout for snacks that will fill them up and give them energy without just providing empty calories. These energy bars definitely do the trick. They are a riff on a LÄRABAR which often just have 3-4 ingredients and I love how you can personalize them to your - or your kids' - preference. Here's how to make them.
- a "hard" - cashews, almonds, peanuts or other nuts
- a "squishy" - dried figs, dates, raisins, cranberries, dried cherries
- extras - chocolate chips, peanut butter, shredded coconut, chia seeds, other nuts
- In a food processor, blend together equal parts of your "hard" and your "squishy". Blend or stir in any extras.
- Press firmly into a baking dish lined with parchment paper and refrigerate.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
I love that these bars are simple to make, can be customized for allergies or likes/dislikes, and are an inexpensive, homemade way to keep my boys satisfied and fueled up for their next adventure.
Want more inspiration? Head on over to LÄRABAR and click on some flavors that sounds good. The flavor page will tell you exactly what few ingredients you'll find in each bar so you can make your own.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.