With the holidays quickly approaching we are excited to share some interesting food storage options. with Ziploc’s special holiday packing solutions. These semi-disposable containers were first introduced in the mid-1990s as a way to share food and leftovers with family and friends without fear or guilt of losing more durable, accessible containers.
Additionally, a survey conducted by Google in partnership with Ziploc® revealed the following about how hosts and guest feel about B.Y.O.C. (Bring Your Own Container) etiquette:
- While 40% of people don’t care if they ever receive their leftover containers back, more than 50% of people do care who they share their leftover containers with, using new containers for their family and friends (51.4%) vs. co-workers (27.3%) vs. in-laws (23.6%).
- Roughly 82% of thanksgiving guests do not typically bring their own containers for leftovers, so if you’re hosting you may want to stock up on Ziploc® bags and containers
- More than 1in 3 hosts (34%) will lend leftover containers to those in need, and almost half (46%) always provide their guests with leftover containers
- 45% of hosts rank Turkey as their favorite leftover. Stuffing is America’s second favorite leftover with 26% of the vote.
- The majority of Americans keep holiday cookies for between 1 and 7 days.
- Nearly one-quarter (23.4%) of Americans keep holiday cookies for eight days or more
- Nine percent of Americans hang onto their holiday cookies for 12 days or longer
- The Top Three Reasons People Ditch Their Holiday Leftovers: 28.6% of people don’t keep leftovers because they went bad, 22.5% don’t have room. and 16.3% are traveling and will not be able to eat them
Get Out and Play with a Smarter Set of Wheels
Our family has been through many wheels over the years. Since we are mostly an urban family, our kids found scootering the best way to get to school. My kids got bigger, so I’ve been researching options for them. Now it's time for an upgrade to our wheels and we've got some ...read more
The Best Diaper Pails and Accessories
I do believe diapering is the one activity we do the most of when our kiddos are young. For more months than I care to remember, I changed diaper after diaper after diaper. An all inclusive list of the best diaper pails and diaper accessories would have been so very helpful. ...read more
Breast Cancer Awareness Tips to Empower Yourself
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and we are all about sharing tips to keep our busy moms healthy and at the top of their game. I think it's safe to say, we are all aware of Breast Cancer, but when it comes to breast-cancer prevention, we are sharing tips to help you feel ...read more
*Based on a national survey of at least 454 respondents planning to eat or share leftovers this holiday season, conducted between December 6, 2013 and December 9, 2013 conducted via Google on behalf of Ziploc® brand.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.