With the holidays quickly approaching we are excited to share some interesting food storage options. with Ziploc’s special holiday packing solutions. These semi-disposable containers were first introduced in the mid-1990s as a way to share food and leftovers with family and friends without fear or guilt of losing more durable, accessible containers.
Additionally, a survey conducted by Google in partnership with Ziploc® revealed the following about how hosts and guest feel about B.Y.O.C. (Bring Your Own Container) etiquette:
- While 40% of people don’t care if they ever receive their leftover containers back, more than 50% of people do care who they share their leftover containers with, using new containers for their family and friends (51.4%) vs. co-workers (27.3%) vs. in-laws (23.6%).
- Roughly 82% of thanksgiving guests do not typically bring their own containers for leftovers, so if you’re hosting you may want to stock up on Ziploc® bags and containers
- More than 1in 3 hosts (34%) will lend leftover containers to those in need, and almost half (46%) always provide their guests with leftover containers
- 45% of hosts rank Turkey as their favorite leftover. Stuffing is America’s second favorite leftover with 26% of the vote.
- The majority of Americans keep holiday cookies for between 1 and 7 days.
- Nearly one-quarter (23.4%) of Americans keep holiday cookies for eight days or more
- Nine percent of Americans hang onto their holiday cookies for 12 days or longer
- The Top Three Reasons People Ditch Their Holiday Leftovers: 28.6% of people don’t keep leftovers because they went bad, 22.5% don’t have room. and 16.3% are traveling and will not be able to eat them
Get Ready for Summer Tea Collection Sale
Even if we all have to stay local, summer is going strong. As you head to the pool or day camp you might have noticed your kids GREW during the past year. Just in time for summer, Tea Collection is rolling out a big deal on swimwear and graphic tees for kids. I've enlisted some ...read more
The Key to a Great Overnight Oat Recipe
Working moms know the importance of meal planning. I'm getting ready for busy few weeks and I've been perfecting my fast breakfast options. I’ve been using Bob's Redmill Organic Steel Cut Oats to prepare my overnight oats for a nice, cold breakfast in the morning and I'm going to ...read more
Morning Sickness Relief with Sea-Band Mama
While pregnancy is this amazing and beautiful time in a women's life, it is also one that can wreak havoc on the body. From morning sickness to discomfort to cravings, the body that you once knew so well becomes this vessel for your baby. Of course, this is all worth it but ...read more
*Based on a national survey of at least 454 respondents planning to eat or share leftovers this holiday season, conducted between December 6, 2013 and December 9, 2013 conducted via Google on behalf of Ziploc® brand.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.