I've been seeing oodles of "overnight oats" recipes on Pinterest for ages and I'd always wanted to try my hand at making one. I love oatmeal, but mornings have become a circus at my house and all the steps required to make my favorite meals are at the bottom of my AM to-do list. I've found this quick and easy overnight oats recipe is the best breakfast ever and the best part is you do all the work while you're sleeping.
So, overnight oats became the logical answer. And what a wonderful answer it is. If you haven't tried overnight oats for yourself yet, seriously, you're missing out. This recipe is perfect for the entire family---everyone can customize their own so there won't be any complaining (theoretically) the next day. Now you can put all those mason jars (c'mon, we know you have loads of them too) to good use.
Overnight Oats Recipe Ingredients
- Mason jar or air tight container
- "Easy" oats or minute oats
Here's what you'll want to use:
- Chia seeds
- Peanut Butter
A Better Foccacia Sandwich
We've got a great picnic recipe to share. With summer here, I love all the dining al fresco options. This yummy sandwich recipe ditches traditional fattening spreads in favor or protein-packed Greek yogurt for the perfect summer focaccia sandwich. Related: Plan your perfect ...read more
Plan Your Perfect Summer Picnic
Warm evenings, no school, and farmer's markets overflowing with in-seasons fruits and veggies makes summer the perfect time for a picnic. Throw together a simple salad, some leftover chicken and an ice-cold rosé to go with some of our favorite picnic accessories. I'm sharing our ...read more
4 Ways to Enjoy Lillet
Have you tried Lillet? I admit I was a Lillet newbie, but was intrigued by Mom Boss author and Momtrends CEO Nicole Feliciano's love of it and had to give it a try. So I've had the rough assignment of getting to know Lillet this last month and am sharing my four favorite ways to ...read more
Overnight Oats Recipe
- 1. First, you add the oats. I put in about 1/4-1/2 cup depending on how big the jar is.
- Then add a little bit of water---only about 2/3 cup.
- Next, layer on your yogurt of choice. I've been obsessing over Nounos small batch yogurts. They are ridiculously creamy, they come in interesting flavors, and are each packaged in an adorable glass jar. Win-win-win.
- Then comes the fun part. You get to add in any kind of nuts or fruits you like. I chose walnuts, mixed berries, bananas, and Justin's peanut butter.
When it's all said and done, you have a delicious and healthy breakfast concoction that's entirely customized to your palate.
MORE FOOD FEATURES FOR YOUR FAMILY FROM MOMTRENDS
- Veggie Nugget Recipe from Weelicious
- The Smoothie Project Brings Easy and Colorful Nutrition to Families
- 10 Hearty Breakfasts to Feed Your Family in the Winter
Use Pinterest to save your favorite recipes. Be sure to follow our Kid Food Pinterest board here.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.