I've been seeing oodles of "overnight oats" recipes on Pinterest for ages and I'd always wanted to try my hand at making one. I love oatmeal, but mornings have become a circus at my house and all the steps required to make my favorite meals are at the bottom of my AM to-do list. I've found this quick and easy overnight oats recipe is the best breakfast ever and the best part is you do all the work while you're sleeping.
So, overnight oats became the logical answer. And what a wonderful answer it is. If you haven't tried overnight oats for yourself yet, seriously, you're missing out. This recipe is perfect for the entire family---everyone can customize their own so there won't be any complaining (theoretically) the next day. Now you can put all those mason jars (c'mon, we know you have loads of them too) to good use.
Overnight Oats Recipe Ingredients
- Mason jar or air tight container
- "Easy" oats or minute oats
Here's what you'll want to use:
- Chia seeds
- Peanut Butter
Giving Tuesday Shopping Loft for St. Jude
For Giving Tuesday, you can really make your shopping count. This year you can support St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital by gifting LOFT fashions. They have wonderful outfits and accessories for every woman on your list, PLUS it's a great time to gift yourself something ...read more
Best Holiday Gifts For Your Dog
Our pets...fluffy little friends...our "fur-babies"...It's clear that we love our pets. I mean, who could resist this face? Last year we spent over $60 billion dollars on them which is more than we spent on ourselves at the salon. It's pretty clear that we care about our pets ...read more
How to Create Chic Sustainable Holiday Gift Wrapping
The holiday shopping crunch is officially underway and with recent surveys reporting that 64% of consumers are shopping for gifts that are sustainable or minimize their environmental impact, consumers are looking for eco-friendly resources more than ever and that includes ways to ...read more
Overnight Oats Recipe
- 1. First, you add the oats. I put in about 1/4-1/2 cup depending on how big the jar is.
- Then add a little bit of water---only about 2/3 cup.
- Next, layer on your yogurt of choice. I've been obsessing over Nounos small batch yogurts. They are ridiculously creamy, they come in interesting flavors, and are each packaged in an adorable glass jar. Win-win-win.
- Then comes the fun part. You get to add in any kind of nuts or fruits you like. I chose walnuts, mixed berries, bananas, and Justin's peanut butter.
When it's all said and done, you have a delicious and healthy breakfast concoction that's entirely customized to your palate.
MORE FOOD FEATURES FOR YOUR FAMILY FROM MOMTRENDS
- Veggie Nugget Recipe from Weelicious
- The Smoothie Project Brings Easy and Colorful Nutrition to Families
- 10 Hearty Breakfasts to Feed Your Family in the Winter
Use Pinterest to save your favorite recipes. Be sure to follow our Kid Food Pinterest board here.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.