When we have a last minute family get together, which we so often do, I find myself wanting to bring one of our family favorites...deviled eggs. Now there is the harder way to make deviled eggs, which frankly isn't that hard at all, and the easiest way to make deviled eggs which just involves pre-boiled eggs, yellow mustard, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and sugar.
It really doesn't get much easier than that folks. And since it's National Deviled Eggs Day today, I thought now would be a perfect time to share my family's super easy deviled eggs recipe with you!
Trader Joe's is a great place to pick up pre-boiled eggs, but that's really lazy girl's game. Don't get me wrong. I'm guilty as charged when it comes to deviled eggs laziness. Haha! If you have a few extra minutes, however, simply whip up a dozen or two hard boiled eggs. Either route you takes you to the same place. Here are the next steps...
1. Cut hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise.
2. Scoop out the yolks and place in a small bowl.
3. Mash the yolks with a fork.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise and mix.
5. Add a dash of salt and pepper.
6. Add a small squirt of yellow mustard.
7. Add 1/2-1 teaspoon of sugar to taste and mix. (The sugar adds just a touch of sweetness.)
8. Add dollops of the yolk mixture to the halved eggs and you're DONE!
You could also sprinkle them with Paprika, but my family doesn't love that addition, so I usually leave that step off. And as you can see, I don't stress too much about perfection. My deviled eggs may be more rustic looking than perfectly pretty, but, I promise, they're DELICIOUS! So, do you have a favorite deviled eggs recipe lovelies?
Momtrends was not paid for this post.