Did you know that today is National Pumpkin Day? I don't know about you, but one of my favorite parts about fall are all of the pumpkin goodies that go along with it. I'm fairly certain I'm not alone when it comes to my affection for all things pumpkin, so I though I would round up a few delicious pumpkin inspired recipes for your fall cooking and baking pleasure!
First up, we have a a delicious pumpkin coffee drink. If you're feeling cozy at home and don't want to run out to your favorite coffee shop for some pumpkin spice coffee goodness, why not make your own skinny version? LIBBY’S 100% Pure Pumpkin and the NESCAFÉ DOLCE GUSTO can help warm you up on a cool fall day...
Skinny Pumpkin Latte
- 1 tablespoon LIBBY’S 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 NESCAFÉ DOLCE GUSTO Skinny Latte milk capsule
- 1 NESCAFÉ DOLCE GUSTO Skinny Latte coffee capsule
- Place pumpkin and pumpkin spice in cup.
- Insert milk capsule into capsule holder. Place into machine and pull down locking handle. Adjust drip tray to height of cup and place cup on drip tray. Move lever to the level indicated on the capsule, dispensing about 6 ounces. Remove capsule and discard. Stir mixture in cup.
- Repeat brewing process with coffee capsule, dispensing about 2 ounces. Dust with additional pumpkin spice, if desired.
Next is a tasty vegetarian dish...It's still Vegetarian Awareness Month, so we're excited to share another way to eat meat free. This recipe includes a Chinese style Lee Kum Kee sauce for a little Asian flavor.
Ingredients (serves 2):
2 Small pumpkins
4 cups Sweet potato (large dice)
2 cups carrot (medium dice)
2 cups Butternut squash (large dice)
1 cup Lee Kum Kee hoisin sauce
2 Tbsp. Ginger (grated)
Cookbook for Moms Who Ski and Ride
Winter is here and it's time for outdoor adventures. Skiing, hiking and sledding can make a family hungry. This winter, there's an awesome solution for moms a new cookbook for moms who ski and ride. The Ski Moms Cookbook is a digital cookbook with 36 recipes that are easy to ...read more
How to Celebrate Adoptive Parents
I recently learned that a friend who had been patiently awaiting a child became a parent practically overnight. When I heard about this loving couple bringing home their first baby, it really got me thinking about how to celebrate adoptive parents. We have experience with ...read more
Spiked Apple Cider Pops
September in the South is, in my opinion, still summer. The eighties and nineties always prevail and make the traditional fall flavors that I crave so much slightly out of reach. As much as I want to relax and sip on some hot cider, at the moment, I still need something iced. ...read more
- Carve and hollow out pumpkins; set tops aside.
- Cut and sauté sweet potatoes and carrots for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Toss squash, sweet potatoes with Lee Kum Kee hoisin sauce and ginger in a bowl.
- Place vegetables in pumpkins and bake for 350 F for 40 minutes to 1 hour or until pumpkins are tender.
- Place tops back on pumpkins and enjoy!
How about a decadent dessert that takes into account all the allergies and sensitivities that your family or guests may have this fall? This pumpkin cake recipe features Authentic Foods' new gluten free flour blend.
Pumpkin Cake with Butter Icing
Pumpkin Cake Ingredients (serves 8-10, or 20 cupcakes)
1 2/3 cup Authentic Foods Steve’s GF Flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground allspice
1 ½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ Authentic Foods Xanthan Gum
1 ½ cup sugar
1 stick unsalted butter
2 large eggs
1 cup pumpkin puree
¼ cup honey
1 cup warm milk (110ᵒ)
Butter Icing Ingredients
1 stick unsalted butter
1 ½ cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
½ cup cornstarch
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons Authentic Foods Vanilla Powder
2 Tbsp + 2 teaspoon milk
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a 9X2 inch round cake pan with parchment paper.
3. In a 2 quart sauce pan, cook down the pumpkin puree, stirring constantly, for approximately 5 minutes until the liquid evaporates and the puree thickens, measuring 3/4 cup. Set aside to cool.
4. In a large bowl, sift together Steve's GF flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, Allspice, baking soda, baking powder and Authentic Foods Xanthan Gum. Set aside.
5. In an electric mixer, using the paddle attachment, beat the sugar and butter together at a high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Slowly add the eggs, then the cooled pumpkin puree, honey, and milk, until combined.
6. Turn down the speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture until incorporated and then bring to medium speed and mix well for another 5 minutes.
7. Pour batter into round cake pan and bake until it reached an internal temperature of 210 degrees and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 1 hour (30 minutes for cupcakes).
8. Transfer the cake onto a wire rack to cool.
Directions - Icing
1. In a 2 quart saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat, consistently stirring until it starts to turn slightly brown, about 5 minutes or so.
2. Immediately take off heat and continue to stir. Let it cool.
3. In an electric mixer, using the paddle attachment, combine the browned butter, confectioner's sugar, cornstarch, salt, and Authentic Foods Vanilla Powder.
4. Add the milk and mix it until it becomes a smooth mixture.
5. Unmold the cake, using an offset spatula, spread the icing over the top of the cake and enjoy!
Momtrends was not paid for this post. We were given samples for review. This post may contain affiliate links. By clicking and shopping, you help support Momtrends and allow us to keep reporting on trends.