We are excited for the new season that is also sure to bring parties and festivities. One food we are excited to learn more about is cooking with maple syrup. Not only for our morning pancakes, maple syrup is a great way to enhance recipes to enjoying cocktails. One of our favorite new brands is Crown Maple, an organic company that is produced in Dutchess County New York. Featuring varieties like Crown Maple Light Amber,Crown Maple Dark Amber and Crown Maple Sugar, we love how the syrup is light, pure and rich with flavor. Check out their cooking and recipe ideas and you will never think of maple syrup as just for pancakes again.
Crown Maple Cooking Tips:
- When a recipe calls for vanilla extract, use Crown Maple Dark Amber for a more flavorful type of spice.
- Replace both brown and white sugar with Crown Maple Sugar when baking fruit or squash-based baked goods.
- Add a drop or two of canola oil with Crown Maple to control the sugar bubbles when boiling for maple candies or confections.
- For glazed seasonal root vegetables, cook thoroughly first and lightly sauté with butter and Crown Maple Dark Amber for a crispy sweet finale.
- Use Crown Maple Light Ambers vanilla and caramel notes to highlight your sweet potato crisp or holiday cranberry chutney.
- Marinating ribs or a roast? Use Crown Maple Dark Amber to infuse deep maple flavor; then use renderings and Crown Maple for a finishing glaze.
- Maple + Bacon= Love. Crisp your bacon in the oven and toss immediately in Crown Maple Dark Amber for a lightly candied bacon sensation.
Maple Old Fashioned Cocktail Recipe:
Momtrends was not paid for this post.