We are excited for the new season that is also sure to bring parties and festivities. One food we are excited to learn more about is cooking with maple syrup. Not only for our morning pancakes, maple syrup is a great way to enhance recipes to enjoying cocktails. One of our favorite new brands is Crown Maple, an organic company that is produced in Dutchess County New York. Featuring varieties like Crown Maple Light Amber,Crown Maple Dark Amber and Crown Maple Sugar, we love how the syrup is light, pure and rich with flavor. Check out their cooking and recipe ideas and you will never think of maple syrup as just for pancakes again.
Crown Maple Cooking Tips:
- When a recipe calls for vanilla extract, use Crown Maple Dark Amber for a more flavorful type of spice.
- Replace both brown and white sugar with Crown Maple Sugar when baking fruit or squash-based baked goods.
- Add a drop or two of canola oil with Crown Maple to control the sugar bubbles when boiling for maple candies or confections.
- For glazed seasonal root vegetables, cook thoroughly first and lightly sauté with butter and Crown Maple Dark Amber for a crispy sweet finale.
- Use Crown Maple Light Amber’s vanilla and caramel notes to highlight your sweet potato crisp or holiday cranberry chutney.
- Marinating ribs or a roast? Use Crown Maple Dark Amber to infuse deep maple flavor; then use renderings and Crown Maple for a finishing glaze.
- Maple + Bacon= Love. Crisp your bacon in the oven and toss immediately in Crown Maple Dark Amber for a lightly candied bacon sensation.
How to Celebrate Adoptive Parents
I recently learned that a friend who had been patiently awaiting a child became a parent practically overnight. When I heard about this loving couple bringing home their first baby, it really got me thinking about how to celebrate adoptive parents. We have experience with ...read more
Spiked Apple Cider Pops
September in the South is, in my opinion, still summer. The eighties and nineties always prevail and make the traditional fall flavors that I crave so much slightly out of reach. As much as I want to relax and sip on some hot cider, at the moment, I still need something iced. ...read more
Japan Adventure Park Hyatt Hotel Niseko
Are you ready for an international ski adventure with your family? This new opened in January 2020, right before the big shutdown. The Park Hyatt hotel is located 2 hours northeast of the New Chitose airport in the northern island of Hokkaido. We arrived via flight from Tokyo to ...read more
Maple Old Fashioned Cocktail Recipe:
Momtrends was not paid for this post.