We are excited for the new season that is also sure to bring parties and festivities. One food we are excited to learn more about is cooking with maple syrup. Not only for our morning pancakes, maple syrup is a great way to enhance recipes to enjoying cocktails. One of our favorite new brands is Crown Maple, an organic company that is produced in Dutchess County New York. Featuring varieties like Crown Maple Light Amber,Crown Maple Dark Amber and Crown Maple Sugar, we love how the syrup is light, pure and rich with flavor. Check out their cooking and recipe ideas and you will never think of maple syrup as just for pancakes again.
Crown Maple Cooking Tips:
- When a recipe calls for vanilla extract, use Crown Maple Dark Amber for a more flavorful type of spice.
- Replace both brown and white sugar with Crown Maple Sugar when baking fruit or squash-based baked goods.
- Add a drop or two of canola oil with Crown Maple to control the sugar bubbles when boiling for maple candies or confections.
- For glazed seasonal root vegetables, cook thoroughly first and lightly sauté with butter and Crown Maple Dark Amber for a crispy sweet finale.
- Use Crown Maple Light Amber’s vanilla and caramel notes to highlight your sweet potato crisp or holiday cranberry chutney.
- Marinating ribs or a roast? Use Crown Maple Dark Amber to infuse deep maple flavor; then use renderings and Crown Maple for a finishing glaze.
- Maple + Bacon= Love. Crisp your bacon in the oven and toss immediately in Crown Maple Dark Amber for a lightly candied bacon sensation.
Five Tips To For a Girl's First Leg Shave
Do you remember your first time shaving? Mine wasn’t pretty. I snuck my dad’s razor and shaved my legs dry. It wasn’t pretty. Get your daughter ready for this rite of passage with the right tools and a quick education. We've got five tips to help you navigate your daughter's ...read more
Why You Should Add Wild Blueberries to Your Diet
Do your New Year's goals involve healthier eating? Adding more fruits and vegetables to your diet? Or even adding tasty new recipes to your repertoire? We've got five reasons for you to add wild blueberries to your diet. Our friends from the Wild Blueberry Association have ...read more
Why Moms are Loving This Blueberry Couscous Salad
It's blueberry picking time. And while most blueberry recipes revolve around baked goods, we've got something different to share. First, a few sentences singing the praises of this lovely fruit. Blueberries are high in antioxidants, improve memory function and reduce the effects ...read more
Maple Old Fashioned Cocktail Recipe:
Momtrends was not paid for this post.