This month we are celebrating National Nutrition Month - making it a great time to reexamine the foods we are eating. Although supplements and daily vitamins can help us get the nutrients we need, it’s really naturally healthy foods that are the best way to improve your diet.
To help us out with some new recipe ideas our friends at Eggland's Best, a naturally high source of vitamin D and omega-3’s that provides twice as much vitamin D and omega-3 fatty acid as an ordinary egg, shared some delicious recipes that can easily be incorporated into your life. Here are our favorite meals for the weekend, and don't forget to color them for Easter!
5 Eggland's Best eggs (large)
1/3 cup skim milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, low-fat
1/4 cup yellow onions, chopped
2 cups broccoli florets
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Spray a 9" tart pan or pie pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
3. Dice onion and set aside; if using fresh broccoli, wash well and cut florets from stems.
4. In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until fluffy.
5. Stir in cheddar cheese, onion, and broccoli.
6. Pour egg mixture into pan and sprinkle parsley on top.
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until eggs are set; allow to cool 5 minutes before serving.
How to Style a Blanket Coat for Fall
Jeans and boots have become a cornerstone of my fall wardrobe. I've been looking for a cozy way to update my fall outfits and it was as easy as adding a layer. Try a blanket coat this autumn to stay warm in style. Related: The coolest sunglasses for moms right now Cozy Up With a ...read more
Get Out and Play with a Smarter Set of Wheels
Our family has been through many wheels over the years. Since we are mostly an urban family, our kids found scootering the best way to get to school. My kids got bigger, so I’ve been researching options for them. Now it's time for an upgrade to our wheels and we've got some ...read more
The Best Diaper Pails and Accessories
I do believe diapering is the one activity we do the most of when our kiddos are young. For more months than I care to remember, I changed diaper after diaper after diaper. An all inclusive list of the best diaper pails and diaper accessories would have been so very helpful. ...read more
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
1 medium Zucchini (about 7 ounces), shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 small Zucchini, sliced thinly
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1 clove Garlic, minced
5 large Eggland's Best eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups cooked Rice (brown or white)
2/3 cup reduced-fat Cheddar Cheese, shredded
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1/2 cup 1% lowfat Milk
1/4 cup roasted, shelled Sunflower Seeds
1/4 teaspoon Salt (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly oil or coat a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shredded zucchini, Italian seasoning, and garlic and cook until the zucchini is tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Remove from skillet and set aside. In the same skillet saute sliced zucchini about 5 minutes until softened.
4. Place the eggs, rice, Cheddar cheese, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, milk, sunflower seeds, salt, and the
shredded zucchini mixture in a large bowl and stir to combine.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared pie plate, top with the remaining 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese and
zucchini slices, and cook until golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.