With the holidays just around the corner and we're thrilled to share a perfect dessert recipe for your family's celebration. Try this: Chocolate Mousse with Pear Chips. It's a play on a classic recipe dressed up with a little flair. It's a great "make-ahead" dessert that will take the stress out of entertaining.
We got the recipe from Leah Schapira's cookbook, Fresh & Easy Kosher Cooking. Her book features a plethora of easy kosher recipes, ideal for all home cooks, proving that you don't have to Jewish or even kosher to appreciate and enjoy great food easily prepared. The pear chips provide a great sweet taste with the chocolate mousse; we may be trying the pear chips just to have pear chips!
Chocolate Mousse with Pear Chips
From Fresh & Easy Kosher Cooking by Leah Schapira
8 eggs, separated
12 oz bittersweet chocolate (not baking)
1 tsp instant coffee granules, dissolved in 3 tbsp boiling water
¼ cup sweet red wine
The Best Japanese Beauty Products
I am sure most of you have heard about K-Beauty at this point. A K-Beauty skincare regimen involves numerous steps from cleansing, to toning and various levels of moisturizing. It is involved but yields serious results. With that being said, maybe you can’t commit to a routine ...read more
Stylish Beach Accessories for a Day in the Sun, Sand, and Surf
I've been coveting this Eugenia Kim sun hat that's been all over Instagram for the past two months. With a wide-brim and the words "Do Not Disturb" embroidered on the front, it's the ideal accessory for a quiet day of reading on the beach. Built-in shade, some peaceful privacy, ...read more
How to Get Your Child Involved in Ski Racing
Do you ever watch the Winter Olympics with your family? We sure do at this house. Seeing the ski racers fly down the mountains was a big part of what attracted our girls to ski racing, but the biggest draw was friendship and time spent in the snow. If you are wondering how to get ...read more
- In a mixer, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Over a double boiler, melt the chocolate with the coffee.
- Beat egg yolks, with a fork and quickly add to double boiler, mixing well.
- Add the red wine. Remove from heat.
- Fold in the egg whites until combined.
- Place in individual cups for serving. Refrigerate.
How to Make Pear Chips
2 firm pears
1 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Thinly slice the pears and lightly coat each side with sugar.
- Place the pear slices in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15-20
- Turn the pears over and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and leave the pears in the oven to cool and dry.
Before serving, garnish mousse with chocolate shavings and caramelized pear chips. And we'll let you in on a little secret...sometimes we BUY the mousse and just add our homemade pear chips to dress it up. They also work great on ice cream. Enjoy!
MORE CHOCOLATE GOODNESS FROM MOMTRENDS
Use Pinterest to save your favorite baking recipes. Be sure to follow our Sweet Treats board for more inspiration.