Did you know that April 11th is National Cheese Fondue Day, a time to fire up the fondue pots for food, fun and good conversation? To celebrate, Emmi Roth USA, whose Original Cheese Fondue is made using the traditional Swiss recipe, shared the must-know fon-DO’s of fondue – everything from how to treat the host to tips for when you dip – along with some other touches of etiquette that sometimes get lost in translation.
Mind Your Manners
- The simple staples of etiquette sometimes tend to go by the wayside, but they go a long way in showing the host that this hard work in creating and hosting the meal is appreciated.
- Don’t arrive empty handed. Bringing something to dip is always a good hostess gift.
- Be a little adventurous by tasting everything you are served (the exception to the rule is a dietary restriction, in which case you may politely decline).
- Sample before salting. Try a bite of your food before adding anything. Fondue is already seasoned with spices and wine, so it might be perfect just the way it is.
Be A Delightful Dipper
Get Out and Play with a Smarter Set of Wheels
Our family has been through many wheels over the years. Since we are mostly an urban family, our kids found scootering the best way to get to school. My kids got bigger, so I’ve been researching options for them. Now it's time for an upgrade to our wheels and we've got some ...read more
The Best Diaper Pails and Accessories
I do believe diapering is the one activity we do the most of when our kiddos are young. For more months than I care to remember, I changed diaper after diaper after diaper. An all inclusive list of the best diaper pails and diaper accessories would have been so very helpful. ...read more
Breast Cancer Awareness Tips to Empower Yourself
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and we are all about sharing tips to keep our busy moms healthy and at the top of their game. I think it's safe to say, we are all aware of Breast Cancer, but when it comes to breast-cancer prevention, we are sharing tips to help you feel ...read more
- While fondue is all in good fun, there are a few basic guidelines to follow in consideration of other guests.
- Skewer like a pro. Be sure your food is secured to your fondue fork or skewer before dipping to avoid losing it in the cheese.
- If you missed the first step and drop your dipper into the fondue, politely ask for the host’s help in removing it to ensure the pot remains clean for all.
- Perfect your twirling and swirling. It is polite to make one to two small swirls before removing your food.
- Resist the urge to double dip. Food that has been bitten should never return to the communal pot.
- It’s all in the details, and these simple suggestions will ensure that you keep it classy, but still casually cool, when indulging.
- Wait your turn. Allow one person to dip at a time and proceed in a clockwise or counterclockwise fashion around the table.
- Don’t bite off more than you can chew. Dip larger pieces and then cut them into smaller bits on your own plate.
- A moment on the lips is frowned upon. Your fondue fork or skewer should never directly touch your mouth. Transfer your food to your plate before indulging.
- Let it cool. Never blow on freshly dipped hot food. Avoid splatters and allow your food to cool slightly on your plate.
Momtrends was not paid for this post. We were give samples for review.