We still have one whole month of summer, and we are going to make the most of it by enjoying some grilling and summer parties. To help you out with your own summer entertaining and easy meals at home, we have some delicious recipes with a Bruchetta Burger, Veggie Burger, and a refreshing Watermelon Agua Fresca! Enjoy and happy summer!
Watermelon Agua Fresca
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
6 cups cubed seedless watermelon
1 cup water
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon lime juice
Garnish: lime wedges (optional)
- Using a blender, puree watermelon until smooth.
- Strain through a sieve into a pitcher, and discard solids.
- Add water, sugar, and lime juice to pitcher, and stir to combine.
- Cover and chill for at least one hour before serving.
- Garnish each glass with a lime wedge, if desired.
1.5 lbs ground chuck
1 c finely minced baby Bella mushrooms
½ c finely minced onion
2 T minced fresh basil
(1 T balsamic vinegar, ½ t salt)
Sliced provolone cheese
5 Ciabatta buns, split and toasted
½ c mayonnaise
2 T basil pesto
Shredded romaine lettuce
2 Roma or plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Combine ground chuck, mushrooms, onion, basil, vinegar and salt.
- Shape mixture into 4 patties.
- Grill over med-high heat, for 6 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches 160?.
- Top each patty with cheese.
- To make Pesto Mayo: Combine mayonnaise and pesto. Spread desired amount over each bun. Top with patty, lettuce, and tomato.
4 6 Patties
1 ½ c cooked brown rice
8 oz pkg baby Bella mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 c matchstick carrots
2 med yellow squash, thinly sliced
2 med zucchini, thinly sliced
1 med onion, finely chopped
1 c panko breadcrumbs
1 t Italian seasoning
1 t salt
½ t pepper
6 slices sharp Cheddar cheese
4 whole wheat sandwich thins, toasted
1 c alfalfa sprouts
2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Cook rice ahead of time. Set aside.
- Combine mushrooms, carrots, squash, zucchini and onion in pan.
- Add water to cover; bring to a boil over med-high heat; boil 8 10 min, or til tender.
- *Place in the refrigerator and allow cooling.
- Squeeze dry.
- Combine rice, breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and vegetable mixture.
- Add egg, stirring to combine.
- Shape into 4 6 patties.
- Cover, and chill for at least 1 hour and up to 2 days.
- Grill patties over med heat for 5 6 minutes per side, or until patties are heated through.
- Top each with 1 slice cheese.
- Spread mayo over bread.
- Top with sprouts, tomatoes, veggie patty, and top half of sandwich thin.
Recipes provided by emeals.com
Momtrends was not paid for this post.