All Green Vegetables Recipe: As a mom, I find it especially challenging to get my daughter to eat her vegetables - especially those of the green variety. There are certain greens she will eat like peas and asparagus, so I try to focus on those when I plan my meals. I recently came across this interesting recipe that incorporates fennel, asparagus, cucumbers, and avocados along with some mint, coriander and olive oil to create a delicious new way to enjoy veggies. Perfect for spring, and even the pickiest of eaters in your life. Enjoy!
All Green New Vegetables
Prep time: 10 minutes
Serves up to 4 people
8 ¾ oz peas
8 ¾ oz snap peas
1 avocado (not too ripe)
1 bunch fresh green asparagus
1 bunch white asparagus
1 small fennel bulb
A few rocket lettuce leaves
A few fresh mint leaves
A few coriander leaves
Olive oil or Argan oil
Wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
Salt, ground pepper
US Open Tennis for Kids
If you are an American tennis-lover, you've likely known that Labor Day is dedicated to watching the US Open in Flushing Queens. I've been to the event a few times and it's awesome. This year will be a little different, and we're staying up to date on the event and family ...read more
Serena & Lily Opens Hampton's Outpost
Wainscott welcomes the first Serena & Lily retail store. The lucky Hampton's enclave will be home to the a gorgeous assortment of bedding, tabletop, decor and accessories all perfect for a discerning decorator. Related: 10 chandeliers for girls This week I loaded up on a luxury ...read more
How to Create a Build Your Own Burger Bar
A burger bar is a fun way to keep your BBQ simple and to turn dinner into a casual party. Giving your family or guests lots of options for toppings and condiments keeps everyone happy. Now that more and more families are staying in, this is the type of meal that feels special. ...read more
1) Place the peas and snap peas in the bottom of the Mastrad Silicone steam cooker. Place the Mastrad Silicone steam cooker (with the lid on) in the microwave for 3 minutes on medium power.
2) Use the Mastrad asparagus peeler to peel the asparagus, add them to the Mastrad Silicone steam cooker, and cook for an additional minute in the microwave with the lid on.
3) Using the Mastrad Cutting board and the Mastrad Ceramic paring knife, cut the zucchini and fennel bulb into small cubes and add them to the Mastrad Silicone steam cooker. Replace the lid and cook for 1 minute. Leave to cool with the lid on.
4) Mix the rocket lettuce leaves, mint and coriander with the contents of the cold Mastrad Silicone steam cooker. Add salt and pepper using the Mastrad Electric salt and pepper grinder. When ready to serve, cut the avocado into thin slices and place over the contents of the Mastrad Silicone steam cooker.
5) Use the Mastrad Dressing and mayo maker to prepare a dressing with the olive oil and wine vinegar, season and eat straight away.