All Green Vegetables Recipe: As a mom, I find it especially challenging to get my daughter to eat her vegetables - especially those of the green variety. There are certain greens she will eat like peas and asparagus, so I try to focus on those when I plan my meals. I recently came across this interesting recipe that incorporates fennel, asparagus, cucumbers, and avocados along with some mint, coriander and olive oil to create a delicious new way to enjoy veggies. Perfect for spring, and even the pickiest of eaters in your life. Enjoy!
All Green New Vegetables
Prep time: 10 minutes
Serves up to 4 people
8 ¾ oz peas
8 ¾ oz snap peas
1 avocado (not too ripe)
1 bunch fresh green asparagus
1 bunch white asparagus
1 small fennel bulb
A few rocket lettuce leaves
A few fresh mint leaves
A few coriander leaves
Olive oil or Argan oil
Wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
Salt, ground pepper
5 Pretty Ways To Organize Your Jewelry
I admit - I'm guilt. Despite my best efforts, my "jewelry drawer" has become a tangled mess of necklaces, bracelets and earrings. This cluttered collection not only makes it hard to see what I have, but difficult to untangle the pieces I do want to wear! This summer, I'm ...read more
This Year's Coolest Jumbo Pool Floats
Pool season is almost here! I can't wait to relax, read a book, and sip a cocktail while lazily drifting in an oversized float. (Just kidding, I have two toddlers--but a swim mama can dream, right?). If you've got a staycation planned, check out this year's coolest jumbo pool ...read more
Crystal Clear and Pristine: Pool-Cleaning Tips
Tropical Storm Isaiah gave us quite the midsummer surprise here in the suburbs of New York City. We just got our power back on after a whole week of darkness! With trees down, debris everywhere, and lots of uncertainty, one thing we forgot to check on: our above ground Intex ...read more
1) Place the peas and snap peas in the bottom of the Mastrad Silicone steam cooker. Place the Mastrad Silicone steam cooker (with the lid on) in the microwave for 3 minutes on medium power.
2) Use the Mastrad asparagus peeler to peel the asparagus, add them to the Mastrad Silicone steam cooker, and cook for an additional minute in the microwave with the lid on.
3) Using the Mastrad Cutting board and the Mastrad Ceramic paring knife, cut the zucchini and fennel bulb into small cubes and add them to the Mastrad Silicone steam cooker. Replace the lid and cook for 1 minute. Leave to cool with the lid on.
4) Mix the rocket lettuce leaves, mint and coriander with the contents of the cold Mastrad Silicone steam cooker. Add salt and pepper using the Mastrad Electric salt and pepper grinder. When ready to serve, cut the avocado into thin slices and place over the contents of the Mastrad Silicone steam cooker.
5) Use the Mastrad Dressing and mayo maker to prepare a dressing with the olive oil and wine vinegar, season and eat straight away.