Today ladies, we join the nation in celebrating the cappuccino. That delicious, foamy cup of caffeine that starts our day and warms our bellies. Did you know that the cappuccino dates back to the Viennese coffee houses of the 1700s, known then as a "Kapuziner"? If you want to make your own cappuccino at home, head on over to The Shopping Mama for step-by-step directions from an Italian barista, but today, we are looking at other delicious ways to enjoy the cappuccino flavor beyond the cafe. Cappuccino muffins? Cappuccino cheesecake? Cappuccino tiramisu? Yes, please!
Without further delay, here are ten of our favorite cappuccino-flavored treats to celebrate the day. And yes, most of them are desserts - you're welcome.
1.Cappuccino Yogurt Tiramisu - who said cappuccinos are just for breakfast? We love this sweet treat made with Liberté cappuccino yogurt.
2. Cappuccino Icebox Cake - Airy, light and delicious. Perfect for dessert. Or breakfast.
3. Cappuccino Cupcakes - What better way to celebrate a national holiday then with these festive cupcakes?
4. Cappuccino Cookie Dip - I know the name alone has sold you on this. You can dip just about anything into this - simple sugar cookies, pretzels, bread. Also, I'm pretty sure, a spoon. A perfect addition to your next girls' night.
5. Cappuccino Biscotti - You know what would go great with these? Yep, a big cappuccino.
How to Celebrate Adoptive Parents
I recently learned that a friend who had been patiently awaiting a child became a parent practically overnight. When I heard about this loving couple bringing home their first baby, it really got me thinking about how to celebrate adoptive parents. We have experience with ...read more
Spiked Apple Cider Pops
September in the South is, in my opinion, still summer. The eighties and nineties always prevail and make the traditional fall flavors that I crave so much slightly out of reach. As much as I want to relax and sip on some hot cider, at the moment, I still need something iced. ...read more
Japan Adventure Park Hyatt Hotel Niseko
Are you ready for an international ski adventure with your family? This new opened in January 2020, right before the big shutdown. The Park Hyatt hotel is located 2 hours northeast of the New Chitose airport in the northern island of Hokkaido. We arrived via flight from Tokyo to ...read more
6. Cappuccino Fudge - We won't lie. These aren't healthy. But we were pretty much sold when the first ingredient was marshmallow cream.
7. Cappuccino Muffins - Another excellent choice to go with your morning cappuccino.
8. Cappuccino Pancakes - Cappuccino pancakes with mocha syrup? We'll be right over for weekend dessert....I mean, breakfast.
9. Cappuccino Granola Bars - While we'd love to sit and enjoy a hot cap, we are always on the go which makes these portable bars a great choice to get that cappuccino flavor on the run.
10. Chocolate Cappuccino Cheesecake - Cheese, coffee and chocolate??! Now that you've drooled all over your keyboard, put this trifecta of goodness on your "To Make" list for this week.
Happy National Cappuccino Day!
Momtrends was not paid for this post.