Now that Halloween is behind us, it's time to turn our attention to Thanksgiving. The stores are stocked full of cute little mini pumpkins and gorgeous fall colors that just perfect for crafting. The kids and I created this cute mini turkey pumpkin craft that can be used to decorate your Thanksgiving table this year.
Turkey Pumpkin Craft Materials
- Pumpkins (real or fake)
- Construction paper - red, brown, yellow
- Faux fall leaves
- Googly eyeballs
- Glue & scissors
Turkey Pumpkin Craft Directions
This craft is super easy and doesn't take too many supplies.
- Use your construction paper to create a turkey face.
- From the brown paper, cut a peanut shape.
- With the yellow paper, cut a rounded triangle shape for the beak.
- Last, use the red paper to cut a little oval to be the wattle.
- Glue all your shapes together to create your turkey face. While that dries a bit, it's time to move on to creating the "feathers" out of leaves.
- Glue several leaves on the back of your turkey to make his tail feathers. I used 4 leaves total (2 large and 2 smaller leaves).
- Now that you have your turkey "feathers" glued to the back, glue your turkey face to the front and viola!
- Alternate with the red and yellow, or whatever color leaves you have to give it more variety.
Best Anti-Aging Hair Care Products
I have always had a thick mane of wild, wavy hair. It bugged me when I was younger because I forever tried to tame it into a blowout on my own instead of owning my waves. I typically save blowouts for the professionals now and go with my natural texture at home, haha! That being ...read more
21 Perfect Summer Cocktails
Summer is HERE! Cheers to that! We are embracing the relaxed atmosphere that Summer brings. Mamas, let down your hair and enjoy the little things in life, like cocktail umbrellas and margarita salt. To help get you in the mood for summer relaxation we've done some research and ...read more
Home Chef Pork Buying Basics
Nothing offers the smoker more versatility than the humble pig. Every cut off the pig is smoker friendly, and delivers a different delicious flavor to suit every taste. In his new book, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoking Foods, Chef Ted Reader breaks down the different cuts of ...read more
Kids always love using scissors so I let mine use their safety scissors to cut the larger peanut shapes while I cut out the smaller shapes.
I found these gorgeous gold glittered fall leaves at Michaels. They were a little bit more than the regular leaves but I just loved their colors and the bling of the glitter. You have a cute mini turkey pumpkin craft to display this Thanksgiving!
MORE THANKSGIVING INSPIRATION FROM MOMTRENDS
For more Fall crafting fun, be sure to follow our Fall Thanksgiving & Halloween board here.
This is not a sponsored post.