If I'm being totally honest, I have to admit that I hacked this idea for an Easter-candy cocktail from my colleague. She created a beautiful conversation-heart martini around Valentine's Day, and it planted a seed of an idea—a bean of an idea, if you will, in my brain.
Creating The Jellybeantini: A Super-Sweet Easter Cocktail
The thing is: vodka is not my jam. I make the occasional exception, but, generally, I don't mix up vodka drink—unless, of course, I'm serving them to friends. But infusing my own vodka with jelly beans sounded sorted fun—like a science project that results in a candy-coated booze-filled celebration... What's not to like?!
- Vodka (nothing expensive)
- Simple Syrup (optional)
- Whipped Cream
- Mason jar (for infusing flavors)
Jellybeantini Infusion Directions
- To begin, separate jellybeans by color (I just used the pinks and purples).
- Put your jellybean piles into individual mason jars.
- Poured vodka (any old generic type is fine) into mason jar and let concoctions sit for a few hours.
Once I was ready to get the flavorful fun started, I strained my pink vodka into a glass, and added a healthy splash of strawberry-flavored sparkling water. Then I just decorated my martini rim with a few jellybeans, and voilá, the JellyBeantini was born!
12 Tips for Cutting Down Your Own Christmas Tree
I grew up with a fake Christmas tree. We'd lug it up from the basement--branch by dilapidated branch--every year after Thanksgiving. It wasn't until my husband and I moved into our own house in the 'burbs that we decided to get ourselves a real, live tree. Related: How to make ...read more
Guide to Buying a Christmas Tree
After turkey, it's time to decorate the tree. Although we love adding the pretty lights and gorgeous ornaments, there are numerous things to take into consideration such as how to take care of your tree and understanding where it was sourced. Momtrends recently learned some ...read more
Christmas Countdown Craft with Family Activities
Are you looking to get into the holiday spirit without shopping? This creative craft not only uses recycled materials, it also taps into the simpler joys of the season. We've got a Christmas Countdown Craft that will help your kids celebrate each day of the season. Related: Make ...read more
- Strained colored vodka into a glass (there's little pieces of jellybean residue that remain—so if this bothers you, use a cheesecloth)
- Add a healthy splash of strawberry-flavored sparkling water.
- Add simple syrup (optional).
- Top with whipped cream and decorate martini rim with a few jellybeans
I've got to say the super sugary sweetness of the jellybeans made my cheap vodka much more tolerable. In fact, I actually enjoyed this drink. It's a cute and colorful option for a boozy weekend brunch. (Yes, I'll be slurping this Saturday Sip well into Sunday!) Have a happy Easter!
MORE EASTER IDEAS FROM MOMTRENDS
- Cutest and craftiest Easter desserts
- Make an Easter Fairy Garden
- DIY Easter Bunny Basket and Bunny Game
Use Pinterest to save your favorite entertaining ideas. Be sure to follow our Easter Pinterest board here.
This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are our own.