If I'm being totally honest, I have to admit that I hacked this idea for an Easter-candy cocktail from my colleague. She created a beautiful conversation-heart martini around Valentine's Day, and it planted a seed of an idea—a bean of an idea, if you will, in my brain.
Creating The Jellybeantini: A Super-Sweet Easter Cocktail
The thing is: vodka is not my jam. I make the occasional exception, but, generally, I don't mix up vodka drink—unless, of course, I'm serving them to friends. But infusing my own vodka with jelly beans sounded sorted fun—like a science project that results in a candy-coated booze-filled celebration... What's not to like?!
- Vodka (nothing expensive)
- Simple Syrup (optional)
- Whipped Cream
- Mason jar (for infusing flavors)
Jellybeantini Infusion Directions
- To begin, separate jellybeans by color (I just used the pinks and purples).
- Put your jellybean piles into individual mason jars.
- Poured vodka (any old generic type is fine) into mason jar and let concoctions sit for a few hours.
Once I was ready to get the flavorful fun started, I strained my pink vodka into a glass, and added a healthy splash of strawberry-flavored sparkling water. Then I just decorated my martini rim with a few jellybeans, and voilá, the JellyBeantini was born!
Best Discoveries When Exploring Bend Oregon
I was completely charmed by my trip to Bend, Oregon. It's a blend of desert and mountain and incredibly cool. The vibe is small town and hip, but it's certainly on the move (they seem to be adding 10,000 new people every year). I made a few new discoveries when exploring Bend and ...read more
Is a Vizsla a Good Dog for Your Family?
Long before COVID arrived, our family decided we were ready for a dog. I grew up with dogs and knew my girls would gain a lot from the experience of owning a pet. Vizslas are wonderful and gorgeous dogs that require a ton of exercise and lot of time. Like me, you might wonder, ...read more
How to Get Kids to Ski for Free in Utah
I know skiing with kids can be expensive. That's why I'm always looking for an angle to save myself and my readers some money. My goal? Get us all out on the slopes more with the kiddos without having to tap into our retirement accounts. Sure, you can pack lunches and get used ...read more
- Strained colored vodka into a glass (there's little pieces of jellybean residue that remain—so if this bothers you, use a cheesecloth)
- Add a healthy splash of strawberry-flavored sparkling water.
- Add simple syrup (optional).
- Top with whipped cream and decorate martini rim with a few jellybeans
I've got to say the super sugary sweetness of the jellybeans made my cheap vodka much more tolerable. In fact, I actually enjoyed this drink. It's a cute and colorful option for a boozy weekend brunch. (Yes, I'll be slurping this Saturday Sip well into Sunday!) Have a happy Easter!
MORE EASTER IDEAS FROM MOMTRENDS
- Cutest and craftiest Easter desserts
- Make an Easter Fairy Garden
- DIY Easter Bunny Basket and Bunny Game
Use Pinterest to save your favorite entertaining ideas. Be sure to follow our Easter Pinterest board here.
This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are our own.