While I like beer, I don't usually drink it. I'm more of a wine or cocktail kind of gal. But, recently, I've been on a beer kick and trying new beer. It happened when I discovered the delicious concoction that is chocolate beer. Yes, it's a thing and it's just as yummy as it sounds!
I never even knew they made chocolate beer until I saw it on a menu when we were out one night. I decided to try it and wow, I was impressed. Dark brew beer with a creamy and rich mocha flavor. Think chocolate brownie dipped in coffee.
After my first taste, I took it upon myself to look for more of this delicious beer to try. I have to say, hands down my favorite chocolate beer so far is Shake, a chocolate porter from Boulder Beer. It's like a creamy chocolate milkshake but only better, ya know, because it's beer!
These beers are perfect for the upcoming cooler weather. Give me a plaid blanket scarf, some chocolate beer, and gorgeous fall colors already!
Best Mosquito Wristband for Your Family Hikes
Do you want to know what my number one summer hiking must have is? Well, get ready because I'm giving you the lowdown on it today. You see, my family loves to hike. I mean we loooooove to hike. If there isn't a trail we can hit up while we're on vacation we are definitely not ...read more
How to Create a Cozy Reading Nook for Kids
Have a bookworm in the family? Or a struggling reader you want to encourage? Creating a cozy reading nook somewhere in your house is a great way to provide a dedicated space designed for digging into a good book. Here are the three elements of a good reading space and a few ...read more
Always brunch! And what better cocktail to have with brunch than a mimosa? With the holidays quickly approaching, gatherings will be happening more frequently as we focus more on quality time with family and friends. If you have little ones like I do, evenings can be hard to pull ...read more
I've rounded up some of the best chocolate beer for you to try. They all just sound so yummy. Definitely a comfort drink that puts me in the mood for fall. Some are only available for a limited time so if you see them, be sure to grab them before they are gone!
Best Chocolate Beer
- Rogue Chocolate Stout - A rich and creamy stout with earthly notes.
- Young's Double Chocolate Stout - A stout from England with coffee and dark chocolate flavors.
- Shake Chocolate Porter - A sweet chocolate porter with notes of caramel, coffee and chocolate. My favorite so far! I found this at my local grocery store.
- Eugene Chocolate Milk Stout - A creamy chocolate milk stout. Available January through March. I can't wait to get my hands on this yummy chocolate beer!
- Samuel Adams Chocolate Bock - A subtly sweet malt blend made with chocolate nibs, vanilla and honey.
This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are our own.