It's hard to believe that 2015 is already coming to an end. This might have been the fastest year yet, or maybe Mommy brain has me in a fog. Either way, we're looking forward to ringing in 2016 with our kiddos with a mini New Years's Eve celebration at 8 pm, ha! We tested out a new recipe for our New Year's Eve celebration, sparkling New Year's Eve Stars with Pop Rocks!
Kids love sweets, but after the holidays we are all sugared out! So we opted for a lighter, slightly less sugary treat for New Year's Eve. Everyone loves wiggly, jiggly, fun gelatin. It sure made my kiddos giggle to cut out the wiggly stars with me. We dipped them in different flavor Pop Rocks for a mini fireworks celebration in your mouth, perfect for New Year's Eve!
Sparkling New Year's Eve Stars
- 1 cup club soda
- 1 - 3 oz pack strawberry gelatin powder
- 2 - 0.25 envelopes unflavored gelatin powder
- 2 cups sparkling grape juice
- Pop Rocks
- Star cookie cutter
- Heat 1 cup of club soda to almost boiling. In a medium bowl stir in the strawberry gelatin and 2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin with the club soda. Stir well for a few minutes until completely dissolved. Once it's dissolved well, stir in the sparkling grape juice. Pour into a large flat dish (I used a 9x9 glass baking dish) and set in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours to set.
- Once the gelatin has set, you can cut out cute shapes like the stars. Set them on a plate in the fridge until party time.
- When it's time to serve them dip each star into pop rocks. The pop rocks will start activating as soon as you dip them but you'll still get the fun explosion for a few minutes after dipping.
Happy New Years!
This is not a sponsored post.