Today is #NationalIceCreamDay! To honor what is probably my kids' favorite food holiday, I'm sharing our kid-made No-Churn Brown Sugar Peach Ice Cream.
Recently, our family went to a local farm that was having a Peach Festival. We started our day off with peaches and pancakes and then we all hopped on tractors and rode out to the orchard to do our own peach picking!
It was a surprisingly cool day for Arizona at only 80 degrees and overcast most of the time.
The kids really loved picking their own peaches and we had to convince our 7 year old to stop climbing the peach trees. We even got to taste test some of the peaches fresh from the trees.
We filled up our bucket and after shopping the gift shop, we hit the road to head home, talking about all the yummy recipes we wanted to make with our peaches. Peach ice cream was on the top of the list!
No-Churn Brown Sugar Peach Ice Cream
2 tbsp butter
3 peaches, pitted and sliced
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
1 pint heavy whipping cream
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
Family Friendly Hotel in Breckenridge
Breckenridge Colorado is a haven for families that love to ski and snowboard. The town is home to one of the largest resorts in Colorado, plus it boasts a robust arts scene and wonderful food options. That's why families keep coming back to this destination ski town. One thing ...read more
Tips for Skiing Breckenridge with Your Family
Before you book your family ski trip this season be sure to read the dozens of resort reviews we've done at Momtrends. My family is lucky to have skied at more than 50 North American destinations. We got the chance to test out the slopes at Breckenridge last year and have worked ...read more
Vail Resorts Opening Dates for 2021-22 Ski Season
Vail Resorts today announced the opening dates of its 34 North American resorts. If things go according to plan, Keystone in Colorado will be the first to host skiers and riders this winter. Vail's opening dates for the 2021-22 ski and riding season are subject to change due to ...read more
1. Wash and slice your peaches. In a large skillet, melt your butter and add the sliced peaches, brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla.
2. Cook the peaches on a medium heat, stirring occasionally until the peaches are soft and bubbly and almost falling apart when you stir them.
3. Once the peaches are cooked, let them cool. (I put mine in the freezer to speed up this process because I'm impatient.)
4. In a stand mixer (or with a hand mixer), mix together the heavy cream, condensed milk and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla. Mix until mixture thickens to the consistency of about whipped cream and hard peaks form.
5. Gently fold in the cooled peaches and store in a large plastic tub with a lid. Freeze overnight.
The next day you and your family can enjoy this easy no-churn brown sugar peach ice cream. It seriously amazes me how easy it is and how yummy it tastes!
This is not a sponsored post.