Today is #NationalIceCreamDay! To honor what is probably my kids' favorite food holiday, I'm sharing our kid-made No-Churn Brown Sugar Peach Ice Cream.
Recently, our family went to a local farm that was having a Peach Festival. We started our day off with peaches and pancakes and then we all hopped on tractors and rode out to the orchard to do our own peach picking!
It was a surprisingly cool day for Arizona at only 80 degrees and overcast most of the time.
The kids really loved picking their own peaches and we had to convince our 7 year old to stop climbing the peach trees. We even got to taste test some of the peaches fresh from the trees.
We filled up our bucket and after shopping the gift shop, we hit the road to head home, talking about all the yummy recipes we wanted to make with our peaches. Peach ice cream was on the top of the list!
No-Churn Brown Sugar Peach Ice Cream
2 tbsp butter
3 peaches, pitted and sliced
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
1 pint heavy whipping cream
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1. Wash and slice your peaches. In a large skillet, melt your butter and add the sliced peaches, brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla.
2. Cook the peaches on a medium heat, stirring occasionally until the peaches are soft and bubbly and almost falling apart when you stir them.
3. Once the peaches are cooked, let them cool. (I put mine in the freezer to speed up this process because I'm impatient.)
4. In a stand mixer (or with a hand mixer), mix together the heavy cream, condensed milk and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla. Mix until mixture thickens to the consistency of about whipped cream and hard peaks form.
5. Gently fold in the cooled peaches and store in a large plastic tub with a lid. Freeze overnight.
The next day you and your family can enjoy this easy no-churn brown sugar peach ice cream. It seriously amazes me how easy it is and how yummy it tastes!
This is not a sponsored post.