Every year, when the holiday's approach, my husband and I start to brainstorm ideas on how we can find the perfect gift for Ava to put under our tree. This year, it wasn't hard to come up with a "big gift" because she has been talking our ears off about a new bike for the past 6 months! Evidently, the starter bike we bought 2 years ago just isn't complete because it didn't come with a kick stand. Easy enough, and we've found the perfect gift for Ava and we're pretty sure it won't disappoint.
In all the hustle, bustle, and chaos of the holiday season, I always take the time to be thankful for how fortunate we are in that the extent of our worries for Ava each day, month, and year and so small compared the much larger battles other families around us are fighting. While Ava wishes for a bike this year, there are children just like her all over the world who are hopeful that this year they will be in good health.
In the season of giving, we're eager to share with you the partnership created between Kmart and St. Jude Hospital so we can give back to those who need it the most. So, when you're shopping for some of the hottest toys this year, make your way to Kmart where you can find what you need, get the best price, and give back. It really couldn't be easier!
When you're out shopping for toys this year, Between December 7th and December 13th, Kmart will donate $1 to St. Jude for every Fab 15 toy purchased, up to a maximum donation of $25, 000.Kmart, the all-time leading St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital®fundraising partner, having already raised more than $10 million for St. Jude this holiday season alone.
There are also TWO more ways you can support St. Jude through Kmart this season!
- At the register: Shop Your Way members and Kmart shoppers can donate when they check out in all Kmart stores, or online via a link: Kmart.com/StJude. As a special thank you to Shop Your Way members, Kmart is rewarding members who give back – through Dec. 27 – with a coupon for five percent back in points on their next qualifying in-store or online merchandise purchase. Points expire 90 days after receipt. Maximum $20 in points (20,000 in points) per transaction. See coupon for details.
- On the tree: Kmart’s exclusive 2014 collectible St. Jude bear ornament is available in-stores and online at Kmart.com. The ornament comes in two versions – a boy and a girl bear, and Kmart will donate $1 to St. Jude for each ornament purchased now through Dec. 24, with a minimum donation of $50,000.
While I'm sure your kiddos have made it quite clear exactly what they want for their gifts this year, Kmart has a Fab 15 Holiday Toys List that features the ultimate toys that kids want for the holidays! From big, unexpected toys all the way down to the nostalgic toys that remind us, the parents, of our own childhood.
Kmart’s Fab 15 holiday toy listis based on industry trends, input from kids and parents, as well as more than 50 years of experience in knowing what toys resonate with different ages, stages and play patterns.
Here are the toys that made the 2014 list!
- Holiday Auburn Barbie™ 2014 Doll by Mattel® (Kmart exclusive)
- My Little Pony Equestria Girls Rainbow Rocks Mane Event Stage Playset by Hasbro® (Kmart exclusive)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles® Power Wheels® Lil’ Dune Racer by Fisher-Price® (Kmart exclusive)
- Transformers Age of Extinction Optimus Prime and Grimlock 12-Inch Electronic Figures by Hasbro® (Kmart exclusives)
- WWE® Cardinal Red John Cena 31'' Figure by Wicked Cool Toys® (Kmart exclusive)
- Nickelodeon PAW Patrol Look-Out Playset, Vehicles and Figurines, and Rescue Racers by Spin Master™