My daughter loves to help cook in the kitchen. Mostly she helps with dessert or snacks or lunch on the weekends. But now that summer is in full swing she's been home with me and we've been cooking more together. We recently cooked up our Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo for dinner together.
This chicken and broccoli alfredo is "semi-homemade" and a good quick dinner that kids can help with. The precooked chicken cuts down on kids dealing with raw meat and we cook our broccoli with our noodles so that saves time and an extra pot.
Our alfredo sauce is one that I've been making for years. Sometimes we add cajun spice to it and sausages. But, more often than not we add chicken and broccoli. This alfredo sauce is creamy and cheesy and coats the noodles nicely.
Family Friendly Hotel in Breckenridge
Breckenridge Colorado is a haven for families that love to ski and snowboard. The town is home to one of the largest resorts in Colorado, plus it boasts a robust arts scene and wonderful food options. That's why families keep coming back to this destination ski town. One thing ...read more
Tips for Skiing Breckenridge with Your Family
Before you book your family ski trip this season be sure to read the dozens of resort reviews we've done at Momtrends. My family is lucky to have skied at more than 50 North American destinations. We got the chance to test out the slopes at Breckenridge last year and have worked ...read more
Vail Resorts Opening Dates for 2021-22 Ski Season
Vail Resorts today announced the opening dates of its 34 North American resorts. If things go according to plan, Keystone in Colorado will be the first to host skiers and riders this winter. Vail's opening dates for the 2021-22 ski and riding season are subject to change due to ...read more
This dinner takes about 30 minutes to put together even with the kid's help and our kids eat it up!
Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo
- 1 box rotini pasta
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1.5 cups grated parmesan
- 1 lb grilled chicken strips
- 1 - 10oz bag frozen broccoli florets
1. Start a pot of water to boil and cook your pasta. Note: I set my timer for about 1 minute longer than "al dente" because I add in the broccoli into the boiling water when there's about 5 minutes left on the noodles.
2. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium high heat. Add in the garlic powder and heavy cream and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Grate your parmesan.
5. Don't forget to add in your broccoli when you have about 5 minutes left on your pasta.
6. Add the grated parmesan to your sauce and stir until melted. Add in the chicken and heat through.
7. Once your pasta is done cooking, drain it and add it to the sauce. Stir to coat. Serve warm. Makes 6-8 servings.
This is not a sponsored post.