My daughter loves to help cook in the kitchen. Mostly she helps with dessert or snacks or lunch on the weekends. But now that summer is in full swing she's been home with me and we've been cooking more together. We recently cooked up our Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo for dinner together.
This chicken and broccoli alfredo is "semi-homemade" and a good quick dinner that kids can help with. The precooked chicken cuts down on kids dealing with raw meat and we cook our broccoli with our noodles so that saves time and an extra pot.
Our alfredo sauce is one that I've been making for years. Sometimes we add cajun spice to it and sausages. But, more often than not we add chicken and broccoli. This alfredo sauce is creamy and cheesy and coats the noodles nicely.
This dinner takes about 30 minutes to put together even with the kid's help and our kids eat it up!
Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo
- 1 box rotini pasta
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1.5 cups grated parmesan
- 1 lb grilled chicken strips
- 1 - 10oz bag frozen broccoli florets
1. Start a pot of water to boil and cook your pasta. Note: I set my timer for about 1 minute longer than "al dente" because I add in the broccoli into the boiling water when there's about 5 minutes left on the noodles.
2. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium high heat. Add in the garlic powder and heavy cream and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Grate your parmesan.
5. Don't forget to add in your broccoli when you have about 5 minutes left on your pasta.
6. Add the grated parmesan to your sauce and stir until melted. Add in the chicken and heat through.
7. Once your pasta is done cooking, drain it and add it to the sauce. Stir to coat. Serve warm. Makes 6-8 servings.
This is not a sponsored post.