With Halloween just around the corner the kids and I got in the kitchen to create some fun Boo Bark to "Boo!" our neighbors with.
The thing about this recipe is it's so easy but looks so cute. There is no cooking involved (just microwaving) so it's easy for all ages to help with.
You can get our free (and darn adorable) We've Been Booed printable and BOO! your own neighbors.
- 12 oz bag of white chocolate
- mini pretzels
- candy corn
- candy eyes
- assorted Halloween sprinkles
- Supples: parchment paper, baking tray
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Dump your white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between until melted.
- Pour your melted chocolate onto your prepared tray and spread with a spatula until it's a good size but the chocolate isn't too thin. Try to work quickly so it doesn't start hardening before you add your candy.
- Let kids add in toppings of your choosing to the melted chocolate.
- Let set for a few hours in the fridge until hardened.
Candy corn was a must for our Boo Bark. I found the candy eyes in the baking aisle and we always end up with different holiday sprinkles in our house. Pretzels give it a bit of salt. You can totally make it your own with whatever candy toppings you have around the house.
Kids love to eat the candy as they work. They also like to dump things out so be wary. See that little container of sprinkles he has his hand on? Yep, the ended up in a 1x1 inch area of the chocolate about 2 seconds after I took this picture. Let me tell you, those were hard to spread out!
Now that you see how easy it is and how cute it turns out, it's time to gather your kids in the kitchen and try making your own Boo Bark.
For more halloween food and party ideas be sure to check out our Kid's Halloween Party.
This is not a sponsored post.