Christmas has come and gone and as the new year ushers itself in, with either sadness or glee the realization is it is time to take down the Christmas ornaments and decorations. If you are anything like me and had a ball of Christmas lights to detangle this year it may be worth it to take a few extra minutes to properly store your Christmas decor this year to make life easier next year.
Here are 5 genius methods in which to store your seasonal decor. Find some of these simple useful items at the dollar store, the drive thru or you may have them already which makes these ideas even better!
1. If you had at least one gift delivery cut the flaps off the box and use them to keep your Christmas lights detangled via Martha Stewart
Skip the Crowds and Take Your Family Skiing in Waterville Valley
After a sizable snow storm over Martin Luther King weekend, there were plenty of lift lines and skiers heading to Vermont. Amazingly, most of them drove right past an awesome resort. I'm encouraging families to skip the crowds on the next winter holiday and take a family ski trip ...read more
Keeping your New Year's resolutions
The New Year is off to a fresh start, and many of us are committed to doing something or many things with more intention this year. But it's tough to stay on track. In fact, “Quitters Day”, which falls on January 14th this year, is the day when most people give up. How can you ...read more
Kids in the Kitchen: Mini Banana Waffle Pies With Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce
School has started back for many (us included!), and today's Kid's in the Kitchen recipe makes for a perfect breakfast or after-school snack. We made ours for an after-school snack the other day and my second grader loved it. We call this recipe Mini Banana Waffle Pies With ...read more
2. Keep Christmas lights together neatly by placing each strand in its own plastic bag via Better Homes and Garden
3. Those red cups now have another purpose. They make great options for safely storing ornaments via Moms Party Cafe
4. It's not unusual to bypass the offer for drink carriers but this will make you say yes! Use these to store ornaments safely via Sew Many Ways
5. Nothing sweeter than those precious handmade ornaments. Create a keepsake box for each child to keep those memories in tact via Pine Feather
The Shopping Mama was not paid for this post.