Christmas has come and gone and as the new year ushers itself in, with either sadness or glee the realization is it is time to take down the Christmas ornaments and decorations. If you are anything like me and had a ball of Christmas lights to detangle this year it may be worth it to take a few extra minutes to properly store your Christmas decor this year to make life easier next year.
Here are 5 genius methods in which to store your seasonal decor. Find some of these simple useful items at the dollar store, the drive thru or you may have them already which makes these ideas even better!
1. If you had at least one gift delivery cut the flaps off the box and use them to keep your Christmas lights detangled via Martha Stewart
Cookbook for Moms Who Ski and Ride
Winter is here and it's time for outdoor adventures. Skiing, hiking and sledding can make a family hungry. This winter, there's an awesome solution for moms a new cookbook for moms who ski and ride. The Ski Moms Cookbook is a digital cookbook with 36 recipes that are easy to ...read more
How to Celebrate Adoptive Parents
I recently learned that a friend who had been patiently awaiting a child became a parent practically overnight. When I heard about this loving couple bringing home their first baby, it really got me thinking about how to celebrate adoptive parents. We have experience with ...read more
Spiked Apple Cider Pops
September in the South is, in my opinion, still summer. The eighties and nineties always prevail and make the traditional fall flavors that I crave so much slightly out of reach. As much as I want to relax and sip on some hot cider, at the moment, I still need something iced. ...read more
2. Keep Christmas lights together neatly by placing each strand in its own plastic bag via Better Homes and Garden
3. Those red cups now have another purpose. They make great options for safely storing ornaments via Moms Party Cafe
4. It's not unusual to bypass the offer for drink carriers but this will make you say yes! Use these to store ornaments safely via Sew Many Ways
5. Nothing sweeter than those precious handmade ornaments. Create a keepsake box for each child to keep those memories in tact via Pine Feather
The Shopping Mama was not paid for this post.