Christmas has come and gone and as the new year ushers itself in, with either sadness or glee the realization is it is time to take down the Christmas ornaments and decorations. If you are anything like me and had a ball of Christmas lights to detangle this year it may be worth it to take a few extra minutes to properly store your Christmas decor this year to make life easier next year.
Here are 5 genius methods in which to store your seasonal decor. Find some of these simple useful items at the dollar store, the drive thru or you may have them already which makes these ideas even better!
1. If you had at least one gift delivery cut the flaps off the box and use them to keep your Christmas lights detangled via Martha Stewart
Five Tips for the Perfect Pumpkin Patch Visit
It's that time of the year again...pumpkin patch time! While I love a nice Pumpkin Spice Latte as much as the next fall lovin' girl...for me, the season is all about spending time with my family...and hopefully that time is spent outside as much as possible. If you're headed out ...read more
Perfect for Fall Pumpkin Spice Dirt Bomb Recipe
Get your pumpkin spice fix with this tasty dirt bomb recipe. Unlike fried donuts, this recipe is a little lighter and, since no hot oil is involved, a lot less messy. These dirt bombs, or baked donuts, are irresistible cakey muffins that are spiked with nutmeg and ginger, and ...read more
Save Money at a Ski Swap
Are the slopes in your future? If you want to save money on ski gear, consider a ski swap. A swap is a great way to buy and sell used equipment. Most swaps consist of a variety of gear, from brand new to used skis and snowboards to skis; from poles to boots to bindings and ...read more
2. Keep Christmas lights together neatly by placing each strand in its own plastic bag via Better Homes and Garden
3. Those red cups now have another purpose. They make great options for safely storing ornaments via Moms Party Cafe
4. It's not unusual to bypass the offer for drink carriers but this will make you say yes! Use these to store ornaments safely via Sew Many Ways
5. Nothing sweeter than those precious handmade ornaments. Create a keepsake box for each child to keep those memories in tact via Pine Feather
The Shopping Mama was not paid for this post.