Give a friend a flower she doesn't have to water! These crepe paper flowers are perfect decorations and provide lots of fun as props in photos. We're going to give you step by step instructions on this project so you can celebrate spring with giant crepe flowers.
Related: 6 spring crafts for kids
Giant Crepe Flower Craft Materials
To make these gorgeous crepe paper flowers, you will need:
- A dowel (chopstick, paintbrush, or pencil)
- Crepe paper
- Green duct tape or floral tape
- Hot glue gun
Crafting tip: If you've never worked with crepe paper before, aside from stringing up strands of it at birthday parties, it is important to note that cutting your flower petals in a certain way does matter. Make sure that the striations in the paper are going vertically, not horizontally.
Skip the Crowds and Take Your Family Skiing in Waterville Valley
After a sizable snow storm over Martin Luther King weekend, there were plenty of lift lines and skiers heading to Vermont. Amazingly, most of them drove right past an awesome resort. I'm encouraging families to skip the crowds on the next winter holiday and take a family ski trip ...read more
Keeping your New Year's resolutions
The New Year is off to a fresh start, and many of us are committed to doing something or many things with more intention this year. But it's tough to stay on track. In fact, “Quitters Day”, which falls on January 14th this year, is the day when most people give up. How can you ...read more
Kids in the Kitchen: Mini Banana Waffle Pies With Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce
School has started back for many (us included!), and today's Kid's in the Kitchen recipe makes for a perfect breakfast or after-school snack. We made ours for an after-school snack the other day and my second grader loved it. We call this recipe Mini Banana Waffle Pies With ...read more
Steps for Creating Giant Crepe Paper Flower
- Freehand cut out flower petals from the crepe paper
- Pull along the top of the petal and stretch out the top.
- Add a line of glue along the bottom edge and fold the bottom edges in together.
- Add glue to end of dowel. Wrap the bottom edge of the petal to the dowel. You've now created the center of your flower.
- Repeat steps 1-4 until you are satisfied with the shape of your flower.
- Fluff out the petals to desired shape.
- Cover dowel and base of petals with green duct tape or green floral tape for the stem.
Use different colors to create a bouquet effect. This craft is perfect for party decor and is a fun and easy rainy day spring project for kids.
Get the instructions:
If you can't picture what I'm talking about from the instructions, watch the video tutorial for details.
MORE KID-CENTRIC FUN FROM MOMTRENDS
Need more ideas on what to do with the kids? Be sure to follow our Activities to Do with the Kids board on Pinterest here.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.