If you're like me, then you like to make cute and creative things to inspire wonder within your kids. I love making my kids fun food for the holidays or just as a surprise. But, I've been known to have a few Pinterest fails here and there. I like cute kid food that's actually do-able, am I right? I recently made these Cinnamon Roll Butterflies from Pillsbury which my kids thought were totally adorable.
Cinnamon Roll Butterflies
- 1 can Cinnabon cinnamon rolls with icing (I picked up the Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice!)
- maraschino cherries with stems
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Separate dough into rolls. Cut each roll in half crosswise. On a cookie sheet place each half of the rolls with the rounded side touching to create the butterfly shape. Slightly flatten the "butterfly".
- Bake 11 to 17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove stem from cherries. At the top of each butterfly where the "antenna" would be make 2 small holes with a toothpick and insert 2 cherry stems into each roll.
- Spoon icing into a small plastic bag. Cut the top of the bag and pipe your icing in a design on your butterfly. Decorate with cherries. Serve warm.
We let our oldest help cut and arrange the cinnamon rolls. She was a great helper!
The Ten Best Wooden Play Kitchens For Kids
Cooking is a timeless fascination for children. This type of play goes beyond gender and teaches kids loads of life skills along the way. An investment in a play kitchen is money well spent, as it can provide hours of entertainment. We've rounded up the ten best wooden play ...read more
New Victory Announces a New Season of Shows
We know you're busy planning picnics and summer outings, but we wanted to let you know that The New Victory just announced their new season and it looks fantastic. We thought you'd like a sneak peek of what's in store! Each year the New Vic theater brings culture to tourists and ...read more
Fun Ways to Discover Venice Italy with Your Family
Greetings from Italy wear the gelato is rich, the clothes divine and the scenery is inspiring. Now that I've been to this fine city in the north of Italy, twice, I've amassed a list of favorites to share. These are some fun ways to discover Venice, Italy with your family. ...read more
Seriously how cute are these butterfly cinnamon rolls?
My kids love bacon so as a treat sometimes I make them a piece of bacon. Heart bacon is easy to make.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half and fold over to create a heart shape.
- Bake on a pan (I use a rack) for about 18-20 minutes or until crispy.
Of course we have fruit a lot with our breakfasts in the mornings. Fancy up plain fruit by using cute mini cookie cutters to make them into shapes. We use our star cookie cutter a lot. It makes cute little bit sized pieces.
Be sure to check out Pillsbury Cinnamon Roll Recipes for more cute recipe ideas and meals your family will love too!
This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are our own.