If you're like me, then you like to make cute and creative things to inspire wonder within your kids. I love making my kids fun food for the holidays or just as a surprise. But, I've been known to have a few Pinterest fails here and there. I like cute kid food that's actually do-able, am I right? I recently made these Cinnamon Roll Butterflies from Pillsbury which my kids thought were totally adorable.
Cinnamon Roll Butterflies
- 1 can Cinnabon cinnamon rolls with icing (I picked up the Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice!)
- maraschino cherries with stems
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Separate dough into rolls. Cut each roll in half crosswise. On a cookie sheet place each half of the rolls with the rounded side touching to create the butterfly shape. Slightly flatten the "butterfly".
- Bake 11 to 17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove stem from cherries. At the top of each butterfly where the "antenna" would be make 2 small holes with a toothpick and insert 2 cherry stems into each roll.
- Spoon icing into a small plastic bag. Cut the top of the bag and pipe your icing in a design on your butterfly. Decorate with cherries. Serve warm.
We let our oldest help cut and arrange the cinnamon rolls. She was a great helper!
Seriously how cute are these butterfly cinnamon rolls?
My kids love bacon so as a treat sometimes I make them a piece of bacon. Heart bacon is easy to make.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half and fold over to create a heart shape.
- Bake on a pan (I use a rack) for about 18-20 minutes or until crispy.
Of course we have fruit a lot with our breakfasts in the mornings. Fancy up plain fruit by using cute mini cookie cutters to make them into shapes. We use our star cookie cutter a lot. It makes cute little bit sized pieces.
Be sure to check out Pillsbury Cinnamon Roll Recipes for more cute recipe ideas and meals your family will love too!
This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are our own.