Every single year, the moment I have taken my last bite of pumpkin pie at our Thanksgiving Day table I look to my husband and say, "Where are the big red bins?"! And, if I'm being honest and it were completely up to me, my house would be ready for the December holidays as early as the day after Halloween. But in a compromise with my husband, we get our house dressed for Christmas as soon as Thanksgiving is over. Those red bins are filled with years of collected Christmas decorations and it might be my favorite day of the year!
Before our daughter was born, I always used to decorate my house using mostly white lights, white candles in the windows, and then tons of candles throughout every room. While I still love the crisp and clean look of white, we have changed our ways over the past few years to make the decor something that both we and my 6 year old really enjoy. Of course, each year we accumulate a few more decorations here and there because I simply can't say "no" when I'm walking past all the festive options in the store! I just love covering my home in holiday cheer and to be honest, I know both my husband and daughter love it just as much.
Because we love sharing ideas and being inspired by our readers, we're excited to share with you a Sweeps that's being hosted by both Kmart and Sears right now where they are searching for the "Best Dressed Home" of the holidays! If you have a festively decorated home this month, we would love to see how you transform your space into a Holiday and Christmas wonderland! Do you keep things simple and white? Or, do you let decorate with the kiddos in mind? Maybe you enjoy giving your home amazing curb appeal and love to decorate your outside space?
Details down below on how you can enter the sweeps!
One of my favorite spaces to decorate is our mantle and our staircase. There is something about green garland, red candles, and white lights that will always remind me of the way my parents decorate their home and it's so nostalgic, I love carrying on that tradition in my own home.
In anticipation of the holidays, Kmart and Sears recently conducted a survey and found that:
- 1 in 4 Americans will begin to deck the halls one month before the holiday.
- 41 percent of Americans defined their signature design as “classic,” followed by “colorful” (37 percent) and “vintage” (12 percent).
- More than half (58 percent) of participants felt the most essential decoration for the holidays was the Christmas tree
- Nearly 25 percent of Americans choose decorating as their favorite holiday activity, with listening to Christmas music and shopping as other favorites.
- While you're hanging those bright colored lights or your stockings with care, be sure to check out the amazing and large selection of holiday and Christmas decorations at both Kmart and Sears this year! They have decor for every style, budget, and everything in between.
Don't forget show of your holiday home decor and enter the "Best Dressed Home" Sweeps for some great prizes! Here's how :
Between 11/17-12/26, visit http://bit.ly/BestDressedHomeSweeps answer the poll questions and upload a photo of your home decked out for the holidays for a chance to win Shop Your Way points
- 60 people will instantly win $50 in Shop Your Way points—you can enter daily
- 1 grand prize winner will win 1 million Shop Your Way points