I don't wear makeup to the beach... It's hot and sweaty and salty, and that can easily translate to smudgy foundation, runny eyes, and messy mascara. I want my skin to breathe when I'm sunning on the sand (slathered in SPF, of course). And so, generally speaking, I avoid my usual beauty booty in lieu of a few more practical primping products.
I strive for supple skin, a sun-kissed glow, soft lips, and messy-chic hair when spending days frolicking in the surf and nights lounging by the shore. These nine get-gorgeous goodies help me look my best--without requiring a full face of makeup.
(Oh, I should mention that my tenth non-negotiable must-have is sunscreen... and plenty of it. Because, while a subtle tan is glamorous, a nasty burn is anything but.)
1. Alterna Bamboo Beach Summer Sunshine Protective Shine Veil, $22: This luxurious spray instantly adds shines and tames wind-blown fly-aways. More importantly, though, it's infused with UVA/UVB protection that creates a veil to shield hair from the harsh summer elements--like sun, chlorine, and saltwater. It leaves my hair looking glossy and glamorous at the beach and beyond.
2. nügg Beauty Face Mask Variety Pack, $20: After a long day at the beach, I like to treat my face to a calming mask. These individually sized face-mask pods are a perfect way to offer my skin some much needed TLC. (Plus, they're great on the go!) Made with a blend of natural oils and extracts, without the use of petrochemicals, paragons, sulfates and synthetic fragrances and colors, these masks seek to soothe, exfoliate, hydrate, and revitalize skin.
5 Pretty Ways To Organize Your Jewelry
I admit - I'm guilt. Despite my best efforts, my "jewelry drawer" has become a tangled mess of necklaces, bracelets and earrings. This cluttered collection not only makes it hard to see what I have, but difficult to untangle the pieces I do want to wear! This summer, I'm ...read more
This Year's Coolest Jumbo Pool Floats
Pool season is almost here! I can't wait to relax, read a book, and sip a cocktail while lazily drifting in an oversized float. (Just kidding, I have two toddlers--but a swim mama can dream, right?). If you've got a staycation planned, check out this year's coolest jumbo pool ...read more
Crystal Clear and Pristine: Pool-Cleaning Tips
Tropical Storm Isaiah gave us quite the midsummer surprise here in the suburbs of New York City. We just got our power back on after a whole week of darkness! With trees down, debris everywhere, and lots of uncertainty, one thing we forgot to check on: our above ground Intex ...read more
3. Alterna Bamboo Beach Summer Ocean Waves Texture Spray, $22: I have pin-straight hair that usually won't hold a wave. But when I use this spray with a hairdryer and diffuser and then a few quick twists of the curling iron, it gives my mane a piecey, voluminous, and textured appeal. And the salt-water wind only helps to amplify this effect. Plus, I adore the spray's delightful mango-coconut scent.
4. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15, $23: Formulated with preparative oils, waves, and real sugar, this balm cushions my lips, while vitamins A, C, and E provide protection from wrinkle-causing free radicals. It also provides a perfect subtle shine.
5. Boscia Green Blotting Linens, $10: I sweat at the beach--and it's not always pretty. Thankfully, I keep a box of these in my bag. Made from 100 percent natural Abaca Tree fiber, which comes from the banana-plant family, these soft, silky blotting linens absorb oil and perspiration. Infused with green tea extract, which has natural antibacterial benefits, they help protects the skin from free-radical damage.
6.Evian Mineral Water Spray, $13: When I need to cool down, I just give myself a little spritz with this nifty Evian bottle. This mist removes perspiration, harmful salt, and chlorine; and instantly hydrates and soothes sun-burned skin.
7. Tarte Lights Camera Splashes Waterproof Mascara, $21: I'll avoid most makeup, but mascara is a must. It instantly transforms my face and makes me feel more confident. Racoon eyes, on the other hand, are not attractive. Lucky for me, this four-in-one waterproof mascara lifts, lengthens, curls, and adds volume despite rain, sweat, or ocean water.
8.Alterna Bamboo Beach Summer Sun-Kissed Smooth Protective Illuminating Cream, $22: This cream is formulated to condition and control frizz—giving hair a sun-kissed shimmer with a very subtle glitter effect. (I'm not talking cheesy-style sparkles, here. This actually looks chic!)
9.Sephora Seamless Hair Ties, $9: While I do like beachy hair, sometimes I need to sweep my sweaty mop out of my face. And these ombré hair bands are gentle and keep ponytails in place.
This is not a sponsored post. We were given samples for review. This post may contain affiliate links. All opinions are our own.