I don't wear makeup to the beach... It's hot and sweaty and salty, and that can easily translate to smudgy foundation, runny eyes, and messy mascara. I want my skin to breathe when I'm sunning on the sand (slathered in SPF, of course). And so, generally speaking, I avoid my usual beauty booty in lieu of a few more practical primping products.
I strive for supple skin, a sun-kissed glow, soft lips, and messy-chic hair when spending days frolicking in the surf and nights lounging by the shore. These nine get-gorgeous goodies help me look my best--without requiring a full face of makeup.
(Oh, I should mention that my tenth non-negotiable must-have is sunscreen... and plenty of it. Because, while a subtle tan is glamorous, a nasty burn is anything but.)
1. Alterna Bamboo Beach Summer Sunshine Protective Shine Veil, $22: This luxurious spray instantly adds shines and tames wind-blown fly-aways. More importantly, though, it's infused with UVA/UVB protection that creates a veil to shield hair from the harsh summer elements--like sun, chlorine, and saltwater. It leaves my hair looking glossy and glamorous at the beach and beyond.
2. nügg Beauty Face Mask Variety Pack, $20: After a long day at the beach, I like to treat my face to a calming mask. These individually sized face-mask pods are a perfect way to offer my skin some much needed TLC. (Plus, they're great on the go!) Made with a blend of natural oils and extracts, without the use of petrochemicals, paragons, sulfates and synthetic fragrances and colors, these masks seek to soothe, exfoliate, hydrate, and revitalize skin.
How to Care For Your Orchid to Keep it Alive
Flowers are such a balm. Having a bloom in my home can instantly bring my stress level down a few notches. I love getting weekly bouquets from my farm stand and I love having flowering plants in my home too. The trouble is, I'm not great with plant care. I've been wondering how ...read more
Ten Things You Can Do RIGHT NOW to get ready for ski season
I finally see snow in the forecast here in Vermont and that means ski season isn't too far away. Like all gear-intensive sports, you're going to need to do some pre-season work to make sure you're ready for the first snow day. And don't forget, skiing and riding also require ...read more
Cheesy Chicken Nacho Recipe
This week you're likely to let the kids indulge a bit on sweets. And guess what? More holidays are coming. The kids want sweets. Moms want the kids to eat well-balanced meals with plenty of nutrition. I rely on easy recipes that are ready in a flash with wholesome ingredients ...read more
3. Alterna Bamboo Beach Summer Ocean Waves Texture Spray, $22: I have pin-straight hair that usually won't hold a wave. But when I use this spray with a hairdryer and diffuser and then a few quick twists of the curling iron, it gives my mane a piecey, voluminous, and textured appeal. And the salt-water wind only helps to amplify this effect. Plus, I adore the spray's delightful mango-coconut scent.
4. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15, $23: Formulated with preparative oils, waves, and real sugar, this balm cushions my lips, while vitamins A, C, and E provide protection from wrinkle-causing free radicals. It also provides a perfect subtle shine.
5. Boscia Green Blotting Linens, $10: I sweat at the beach--and it's not always pretty. Thankfully, I keep a box of these in my bag. Made from 100 percent natural Abaca Tree fiber, which comes from the banana-plant family, these soft, silky blotting linens absorb oil and perspiration. Infused with green tea extract, which has natural antibacterial benefits, they help protects the skin from free-radical damage.
6.Evian Mineral Water Spray, $13: When I need to cool down, I just give myself a little spritz with this nifty Evian bottle. This mist removes perspiration, harmful salt, and chlorine; and instantly hydrates and soothes sun-burned skin.
7. Tarte Lights Camera Splashes Waterproof Mascara, $21: I'll avoid most makeup, but mascara is a must. It instantly transforms my face and makes me feel more confident. Racoon eyes, on the other hand, are not attractive. Lucky for me, this four-in-one waterproof mascara lifts, lengthens, curls, and adds volume despite rain, sweat, or ocean water.
8.Alterna Bamboo Beach Summer Sun-Kissed Smooth Protective Illuminating Cream, $22: This cream is formulated to condition and control frizz—giving hair a sun-kissed shimmer with a very subtle glitter effect. (I'm not talking cheesy-style sparkles, here. This actually looks chic!)
9.Sephora Seamless Hair Ties, $9: While I do like beachy hair, sometimes I need to sweep my sweaty mop out of my face. And these ombré hair bands are gentle and keep ponytails in place.
This is not a sponsored post. We were given samples for review. This post may contain affiliate links. All opinions are our own.