We read a lot in our house. We read to the kids, with the kids, and the kids even read to us (well the oldest does anyway). So, naturally when it's back-to-school time we scour our library and Amazon, for books that talk about school. Whether it's the first day of school jitters, how to handle a bully, or just a silly school story to get them excited, we've got you covered with some of the best back-to-school books.
- The Kissing Hand - A sweet way to reassure your kids when they find themselves away from you and scared.
- The Berenstain Bears Go To School - The cubs head off to school in this classic book.
- Pete the Cat's Got Class - Pete the Cat helps us learn to love math.
- Recess Queen - A story about dethroning the recess bully by becoming her friend.
- Otter Goes to School - Otter starts his own school for Teddy and teaches us all an important lesson.
- Back to School Rules - Percy shares 10 simple rules to help make school fun!
- Stand Tall Molly Lou Melon - Can Molly stand up to the bullies at her new school?
- First Day Jitters - It's a new year and a new school and Sarah Jane has the jitters. You'll be surprised by the charming ending!
- Lacey Walker, Nonstop Talker - Lacey is a chatterbox but losing her voice helps her learn how listening is important.
- This School Year Will Be The Best - Sharing ridiculous wishes for how the class could make this the best year ever! A good way to talk about kids during the back-to-school madness.
- Dear Teacher - Can your imagination save you from the first day of school? Read Michael's hilarious letters to his teacher in hopes to stop the first day of school from coming.
- The Juice Box Bully - With this book we can learn about "The Promise" and learn to stop bullying.
- Fantastic Elastic Brain - Kids learn how their brains work by making mistakes, learning new things, and having courage. Perfect for tying into back to school.
- I Didn't Do My Homework Because - Share a laugh as you read through all the ridiculous reasons they didn't do their homework.
- The Invisible Boy - Brian feels invisible until he makes a new friend and finds a way to shine!
As kids head into kindergarten, it's often a time of uncertainty. We decided to share a special roundup of kindergarten themed books that kids will love. Celebrate that special first year of school with these kindergarten books.
- Kindergarten Here I Come - Celebrate the milestones shared by every kindergartner.
- Kindergarten Rocks! - Dexter helps his stuffed dog overcome his fear of kindergarten and realizes what he already knows, Kindergarten Rocks!
- Llama Llama Misses Mama - Little Llama misses his mama on the first day of school. Read how fun school can be once Llama settles in.
- Planet Kindergarten - Get ready to blast off to kindergarten with this exciting story!
- Adventure Annie Goes to Kindergarten - Spirited and adventurous Annie heads off to kindergarten in this cute book.
- Mom, It's My First Day of Kindergarten - A refreshing spin on the first day of Kindergarten books. This child has no worries about his first day. In the book he reassures his mother that everything will be okay.
- Ready, Set, Kindergarten A clever story of a girl whose ready for kindergarten. We celebrate her big milestones. Calm first day jitters with this book.
- Too Shy For Show and Tell - Find out how shy Sam is going to conquer his fear of show and tell.
This is not a sponsored post. This post may contain affiliate links.