We read a lot in our house. We read to the kids, with the kids, and the kids even read to us (well the oldest does anyway). So, naturally when it's back-to-school time we scour our library and Amazon, for books that talk about school. Whether it's the first day of school jitters, how to handle a bully, or just a silly school story to get them excited, we've got you covered with some of the best back-to-school books.
- The Kissing Hand - A sweet way to reassure your kids when they find themselves away from you and scared.
- The Berenstain Bears Go To School - The cubs head off to school in this classic book.
- Pete the Cat's Got Class - Pete the Cat helps us learn to love math.
- Recess Queen - A story about dethroning the recess bully by becoming her friend.
- Otter Goes to School - Otter starts his own school for Teddy and teaches us all an important lesson.
- Back to School Rules - Percy shares 10 simple rules to help make school fun!
- Stand Tall Molly Lou Melon - Can Molly stand up to the bullies at her new school?
- First Day Jitters - It's a new year and a new school and Sarah Jane has the jitters. You'll be surprised by the charming ending!
- Lacey Walker, Nonstop Talker - Lacey is a chatterbox but losing her voice helps her learn how listening is important.
- This School Year Will Be The Best - Sharing ridiculous wishes for how the class could make this the best year ever! A good way to talk about kids during the back-to-school madness.
- Dear Teacher - Can your imagination save you from the first day of school? Read Michael's hilarious letters to his teacher in hopes to stop the first day of school from coming.
- The Juice Box Bully - With this book we can learn about "The Promise" and learn to stop bullying.
- Fantastic Elastic Brain - Kids learn how their brains work by making mistakes, learning new things, and having courage. Perfect for tying into back to school.
- I Didn't Do My Homework Because - Share a laugh as you read through all the ridiculous reasons they didn't do their homework.
- The Invisible Boy - Brian feels invisible until he makes a new friend and finds a way to shine!
New Victory Announces a New Season of Shows
We know you're busy planning picnics and summer outings, but we wanted to let you know that The New Victory just announced their new season and it looks fantastic. We thought you'd like a sneak peek of what's in store! Each year the New Vic theater brings culture to tourists and ...read more
Fun Ways to Discover Venice Italy with Your Family
Greetings from Italy wear the gelato is rich, the clothes divine and the scenery is inspiring. Now that I've been to this fine city in the north of Italy, twice, I've amassed a list of favorites to share. These are some fun ways to discover Venice, Italy with your family. ...read more
Best of Northern Italy Villa Cipriani Luxury Resort Review
Italy is a country that just keeps surprising and delighting me. After visiting the larger cities and making a few trips south to Sicily, Mr. Momtrends and I ventured to the northern part of the country on our last trip. Our home base was the delightful Villa Cipriani. This ...read more
As kids head into kindergarten, it's often a time of uncertainty. We decided to share a special roundup of kindergarten themed books that kids will love. Celebrate that special first year of school with these kindergarten books.
- Kindergarten Here I Come - Celebrate the milestones shared by every kindergartner.
- Kindergarten Rocks! - Dexter helps his stuffed dog overcome his fear of kindergarten and realizes what he already knows, Kindergarten Rocks!
- Llama Llama Misses Mama - Little Llama misses his mama on the first day of school. Read how fun school can be once Llama settles in.
- Planet Kindergarten - Get ready to blast off to kindergarten with this exciting story!
- Adventure Annie Goes to Kindergarten - Spirited and adventurous Annie heads off to kindergarten in this cute book.
- Mom, It's My First Day of Kindergarten - A refreshing spin on the first day of Kindergarten books. This child has no worries about his first day. In the book he reassures his mother that everything will be okay.
- Ready, Set, Kindergarten A clever story of a girl whose ready for kindergarten. We celebrate her big milestones. Calm first day jitters with this book.
- Too Shy For Show and Tell - Find out how shy Sam is going to conquer his fear of show and tell.
MORE BACK TO SCHOOL ORGANIZATION FROM MOMTRENDS
- Welcome back-to-school party ideas
- Get organized for Back to School with Mabel's Labels
- 8 ways to make back-to-school mornings easier
Use Pinterest to save your favorite recipes. Be sure to follow our Back to School board for more tips.
This is not a sponsored post. This post may contain affiliate links.