Moms don't have time to be sick, and we hate it when our kids are too. Let's face it, going to the doctor isn't fun for anyone.
What if I told you didn't have to go anywhere? You don't even need to get out of bed. Yes, about half of doctors visits can be done online with the help of Amwell and your smart phone or computer.
Amwell was created by doctors and is the nation’s largest telehealth company, connecting users with board-certified, licensed doctors, dietitians and psychologists for immediate and live, online visits—day or night, on either mobile or desktop devices.
December... It's a time for cheer and holiday fun. Unfortunately, it's also right in the middle of cold and flu season. School-aged kids, are always being bombarded with "school germs." We put our immune system to the test this fall, and warded off lots of yucky germs that my daughter's class seemed to be spreading around.
Those germs finally caught up to us though and my daughter brought home a cough that rattled her for a few days, and she eventually passed to me and my little guy. Getting sick kids dressed, loaded up, and to the doctor's office is no easy task. Amwell brings healthcare into your home so that you and your family can feel better faster.
Judah's cough and fever were lingering for a few days and I was starting to get worried. With flu season in full swing, I decided to put Amwell to the test and set up a call with a doctor to ease my fears and see what they thought.
Doctors at Amwell are board certified and can offer the care you need to help with typical issues such as:
- Sinus infection
- Sore throat
- Urinary tract infection
- Sprains and strains
- Respiratory infection
- Weight concerns
- Smoking cessation
Just choose the type of visit you are looking for. You can browse providers beforehand and read their profiles to find the right fit.
Setting up my account was easy and after a few routine questions like what we were calling about, our doctor reviewed our notes and we were on the call with the doctor within minutes.
Inspiration and Games for a Candy Land Birthday Party
The girls had their hearts set in a colorful candy party inspired by the Candy Land board game. This party was such a blast to put together. A rainbow of colors, candy bar, and candy games! Candy Land Birthday Party Food and Drink Our party was in the afternoon, so for food we ...read more
Five Tips for the Perfect Pumpkin Patch Visit
It's that time of the year again...pumpkin patch time! While I love a nice Pumpkin Spice Latte as much as the next fall lovin' girl...for me, the season is all about spending time with my family...and hopefully that time is spent outside as much as possible. If you're headed out ...read more
Perfect for Fall Pumpkin Spice Dirt Bomb Recipe
Get your pumpkin spice fix with this tasty dirt bomb recipe. Unlike fried donuts, this recipe is a little lighter and, since no hot oil is involved, a lot less messy. These dirt bombs, or baked donuts, are irresistible cakey muffins that are spiked with nutmeg and ginger, and ...read more
After discussing Judah's symptoms and answering a few of the simple questions he was diagnosed with acute upper respiratory infection. He advised me on what cough medicines we could use and that if it got worse over the weekend (fever spiked, tugging at ears, etc.) to call back for a follow up. Luckily, at this time it wasn't anything that needed a prescription, just some home care.
Having a doctor at your fingertips to talk about the symptoms and rule out all the other possibilities really eases your fears. Knowing that I could get a prescription if needed within minutes, even though we didn't need one at this time, was a great relief.
After our visit was over, we were sent a secure email review of our consultation. Amwell proved to be much easier and faster than hassling with an in-office provider.
Here are some of the top reasons we moms love Amwell.
1. Lower cost. Amwell costs $49 for a physician visit, $33 less than the average in-office visit that costs $82. A great option if you are looking for cost-effective healthcare. (See below for a special code for your first visit for FREE!)
2. Accessibility. After hours, on weekends and in the middle of the night (24/7/365) availability. Great for moms who aren't feeling well or if you don't want the hassle of loading everyone up in the car, fighting the traffic and hanging out in the waiting room with sick kids.
3. Convenience. During the busy cold and flu season timely appointments can be hard to come by. Now you don’t need to schedule an appointment nor do you need to wait in a germ riddled waiting room with kids in tow to be seen, especially if on vacation or business travel. The doctor can be seen from the comfort and convenience of your own home.
4. Quick prescriptions. You are able to obtain common prescriptions without having to deal with an in-office visit.
5. Peace of mind. Rather than self-diagnosing or visiting a social forum for medical advice, you can obtain second opinions directly from board certified, licensed doctors.
Now you can talk to a doctor online, anytime without having to leave the comfort of your own bed (or cuddly cat).
** Amwell is offering The Shopping Mama readers a discount for their first visit. Use to code BEWELL11 and your first visit is only $1!
Visit Amwell.com to sign-up and see a doctor - now!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Amwell. All opinions are our own.