We are so smitten with the American Girl dolls. In fact, the New York City Flagship Store is one of our favorite sites in The Big Apple. Each year we can't wait to meet the newest Girl of the year. A few year's back, Gabriela McBride, was girl of the year! Gabriela is passionate about the the arts, and really finds her voice when she discovers poetry. Gabby has a stutter, and thanks to poetry, she learns to face her fears, overcome her stutter, and bring positive changes to her community.
Why We Love American Girl Gabriela
Like all American Girls, Gabriela learns to believe in the power of her dreams. Gabriela is a poet and a dancer. She loves expressing herself through various art forms.
Since it's winter, my daughter and I created an easy DIY hat for Gabriela to wear. Check out our video on the Momtrends YouTube channel, to find out how to make this fun and cozy winter hat for your American Girl dolls.
We've loved crafting with Gabriela. We dreamed up a hat for her (check out the video above) and now we've got an idea for Valentine's Day.
Getting Crafty with American Girl
With Valentine's Day coming up soon, we knew Gabriela would use her poetry in her Valentines to her friends. Inspired by Gabriela's love of poetry, we created a name-poem Valentine that's perfect for giving to your BFF.
We love getting craft, especially when it's time to show love. Making Valentine's are a favorite way to craft.
Gabriela Inspired Valentine Poem
- Red or pink paper, 1 sheet
- White paper, 1 sheet
- stickers - letters and valentine
- Fold your colored paper in half to make the card. Cut a smaller rectangle from the white paper and glue it inside. Glue another piece of white paper to the front of your card and write "Happy Valentine's Day" on the outside.
- On the inside of the card, use the letter stickers, spell out the name of your friend or Valentine vertically.
- With your crayons, write adjectives that describe them for each letter in your friends name. For example, S = Sweet, A = Amazing etc.
Adorn your card with doodles or more Valentine stickers and you're done! You've made a sweet Gabriela inspired Valentine poem to give to your friends.
MORE WAYS TO MAKE IT A HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
- 10 Valentine's Day Mailboxes to Craft with Your Kids
- Best Kids Valentine's Day Ideas on Pinterest
- Two sweet kids valentine baskets
Be sure to follow our Valentines board and pin your favorite ideas.
This is not a sponsored post. We did receive a sample to review. All opinions are our own.