Momtrends makes a visit to the ENK Children's Apparel Show in NYC.
Scouting out new brands and gettting the scoop on trends is my gig. It's what I do best. That's why I walked up and down the aisles at the Spring 2010 Children's Apparel Show. Momtrends Notes:
- Purple continues to be hot, hot, hot.
- Fewer organic companies are launching, but more brands are incorporating green practices.
- Ethnic prints were strong,
- For boys, rock star cool is huge--think 1980's punk from the UK.
- A look to the past: Lawn prints (faded romantic florals), embroidery and smocking.
I grabbed a quick You Tube Interview with Tina Schreiber the founder of V & T. This small San Fran brand is making their name by using the most gorgeous fabrics and keeping the silhouettes classic and comfortable. The above picture is from the current fall collection.