I recently returned from a week long trip with my family to the Dominican Republic. Traveling with three kids turns into quite the amount of luggage. I decided that since the children need way more than I do to minimize what I packed for myself and narrowed it down to just the right amount of essentials. But there are a few key pieces in my wardrobe I just never leave home without when it comes to traveling.
1. Maxi skirts - They are the absolute best for vacationing, I actually found a convertible one from Free People that goes from skirt to dress. I wore the skirt out one evening and then used it as a coverup a few days later.
2. Beach tote - I always manage to forget to pack a beach bag when traveling. I'm always so concerned about my clothing. But this year I chose a french market tote Sirene Collection that I used to take along on the plane and filled it with snacks for the kids. Once at our destination, I loaded it up with sunblocks and beach toys.
3. Maxi dresses work perfect on vacation as well. They are super chic yet easy to dress up or down. Maxi dresses is become my staple uniform when traveling as well as trips to the playgrounds with kids. Some of my favorite maxi dresses are from Free People, Zara, and Splendid.
New Victory Announces a New Season of Shows
We know you're busy planning picnics and summer outings, but we wanted to let you know that The New Victory just announced their new season and it looks fantastic. We thought you'd like a sneak peek of what's in store! Each year the New Vic theater brings culture to tourists and ...read more
Fun Ways to Discover Venice Italy with Your Family
Greetings from Italy wear the gelato is rich, the clothes divine and the scenery is inspiring. Now that I've been to this fine city in the north of Italy, twice, I've amassed a list of favorites to share. These are some fun ways to discover Venice, Italy with your family. ...read more
Best of Northern Italy Villa Cipriani Luxury Resort Review
Italy is a country that just keeps surprising and delighting me. After visiting the larger cities and making a few trips south to Sicily, Mr. Momtrends and I ventured to the northern part of the country on our last trip. Our home base was the delightful Villa Cipriani. This ...read more
4. Sandals - There is always room in my luggage for shoes. And its especially easier when they are flat sandals. When traveling and especially now with children I usually ditch the heels at home and pack super chic flat sandals as well as beach sandals. Havaianas always seem to make the perfect pattern and are super comfy.
5. Bathing Suit - No summer vacation is complete without a stylish yet comfortable bathing suit. My favorite brand this season is Zimmerman. They seem to have the best collection of one-piece and two-piece suits.
With these essentials you are absolutely set for vacation. Happy Travels!
Momtrends was not compensated for this post.