I recently returned from a week long trip with my family to the Dominican Republic. Traveling with three kids turns into quite the amount of luggage. I decided that since the children need way more than I do to minimize what I packed for myself and narrowed it down to just the right amount of essentials. But there are a few key pieces in my wardrobe I just never leave home without when it comes to traveling.
1. Maxi skirts - They are the absolute best for vacationing, I actually found a convertible one from Free People that goes from skirt to dress. I wore the skirt out one evening and then used it as a coverup a few days later.
2. Beach tote - I always manage to forget to pack a beach bag when traveling. I'm always so concerned about my clothing. But this year I chose a french market tote Sirene Collection that I used to take along on the plane and filled it with snacks for the kids. Once at our destination, I loaded it up with sunblocks and beach toys.
3. Maxi dresses work perfect on vacation as well. They are super chic yet easy to dress up or down. Maxi dresses is become my staple uniform when traveling as well as trips to the playgrounds with kids. Some of my favorite maxi dresses are from Free People, Zara, and Splendid.
Cookbook for Moms Who Ski and Ride
Winter is here and it's time for outdoor adventures. Skiing, hiking and sledding can make a family hungry. This winter, there's an awesome solution for moms a new cookbook for moms who ski and ride. The Ski Moms Cookbook is a digital cookbook with 35 recipes that are easy to ...read more
How to Make an Easy Paper Plate Snowman
If you live on the East Coast, it's likely you've seen some snow already, same for our friends out in the Rockies. There's something magical about a snow day and the playing outside in a winter wonderland. This craft is inspired by the simply joy of making a snowman. Whether you ...read more
Skip the Crowds and Take Your Family Skiing in Waterville Valley
After a sizable snow storm over Martin Luther King weekend, there were plenty of lift lines and skiers heading to Vermont. Amazingly, most of them drove right past an awesome resort. I'm encouraging families to skip the crowds on the next winter holiday and take a family ski trip ...read more
4. Sandals - There is always room in my luggage for shoes. And its especially easier when they are flat sandals. When traveling and especially now with children I usually ditch the heels at home and pack super chic flat sandals as well as beach sandals. Havaianas always seem to make the perfect pattern and are super comfy.
5. Bathing Suit - No summer vacation is complete without a stylish yet comfortable bathing suit. My favorite brand this season is Zimmerman. They seem to have the best collection of one-piece and two-piece suits.
With these essentials you are absolutely set for vacation. Happy Travels!
Momtrends was not compensated for this post.