It's been a couple years since I made my bi-annual fashion week pilgrimage to New York City, but I'm finally headed back to one of my very favorite places in just a few days. Pregnancy and a newborn simply had to come first in my life for a while. Actually, said newborn is one year old now and she STILL comes first, but thankfully she has a wonderful daddy to take care of her and her big bro while mama goes and gets some work done. It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it. Haha!
In honor of my return to NYC, I thought it would be fun to round up some fashion week essentials. In years past, there have been a few things that I consider must have items to have on hand as they kept me pulled together when I was running around the Big Apple during Mercedes Benz Fashion Week.
1. Lip Gloss: It's easy to slick on fast and gives you some polish instantly. This Pacific Illusion Beauty Lip Trio comes with the cutest cosmetic bag!
2. A fun smart phone case: I currently have my iPhone encased in a tough as nails, my kids can throw it if they want to, kinda case, but fashion week calls for something a little chicer. This brightly colored case is available at Artisan Gems Boutique.
3. and 4. Comfortable footwear: You'll definitely see some fierce stilettos strutting around Lincoln Center, but you don't want to be crying at the end of the day. So, I highly suggest you pick out a pair of on trend booties like these Dolce Vita beauties (available at Olive and Bette's 1-800-396-1236) and throw some flats like this foldable Born pair in your bag for when even the semi comfortable booties become unbearable.
5. Concealer: Nothing ruins photos like under eye circles. They plague this girl big time, so I don't make a move without my YSL Touche Eclat concealer.
6. A good sized tote: If you're out for most the day, you're going to want your bag to have plenty of storage space. This Rebecca Minkoff number is plenty big, but also crazy gorgeous and a perfect color for fall!
So, what are your fashion week must haves lovelies?
Momtrends was not paid for this post.