It's been a couple years since I made my bi-annual fashion week pilgrimage to New York City, but I'm finally headed back to one of my very favorite places in just a few days. Pregnancy and a newborn simply had to come first in my life for a while. Actually, said newborn is one year old now and she STILL comes first, but thankfully she has a wonderful daddy to take care of her and her big bro while mama goes and gets some work done. It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it. Haha!
In honor of my return to NYC, I thought it would be fun to round up some fashion week essentials. In years past, there have been a few things that I consider must have items to have on hand as they kept me pulled together when I was running around the Big Apple during Mercedes Benz Fashion Week.
1. Lip Gloss: It's easy to slick on fast and gives you some polish instantly. This Pacific Illusion Beauty Lip Trio comes with the cutest cosmetic bag!
2. A fun smart phone case: I currently have my iPhone encased in a tough as nails, my kids can throw it if they want to, kinda case, but fashion week calls for something a little chicer. This brightly colored case is available at Artisan Gems Boutique.
Skip the Crowds and Take Your Family Skiing in Waterville Valley
After a sizable snow storm over Martin Luther King weekend, there were plenty of lift lines and skiers heading to Vermont. Amazingly, most of them drove right past an awesome resort. I'm encouraging families to skip the crowds on the next winter holiday and take a family ski trip ...read more
Keeping your New Year's resolutions
The New Year is off to a fresh start, and many of us are committed to doing something or many things with more intention this year. But it's tough to stay on track. In fact, “Quitters Day”, which falls on January 14th this year, is the day when most people give up. How can you ...read more
Kids in the Kitchen: Mini Banana Waffle Pies With Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce
School has started back for many (us included!), and today's Kid's in the Kitchen recipe makes for a perfect breakfast or after-school snack. We made ours for an after-school snack the other day and my second grader loved it. We call this recipe Mini Banana Waffle Pies With ...read more
3. and 4. Comfortable footwear: You'll definitely see some fierce stilettos strutting around Lincoln Center, but you don't want to be crying at the end of the day. So, I highly suggest you pick out a pair of on trend booties like these Dolce Vita beauties (available at Olive and Bette's 1-800-396-1236) and throw some flats like this foldable Born pair in your bag for when even the semi comfortable booties become unbearable.
5. Concealer: Nothing ruins photos like under eye circles. They plague this girl big time, so I don't make a move without my YSL Touche Eclat concealer.
6. A good sized tote: If you're out for most the day, you're going to want your bag to have plenty of storage space. This Rebecca Minkoff number is plenty big, but also crazy gorgeous and a perfect color for fall!
So, what are your fashion week must haves lovelies?
Momtrends was not paid for this post.