It's been a couple years since I made my bi-annual fashion week pilgrimage to New York City, but I'm finally headed back to one of my very favorite places in just a few days. Pregnancy and a newborn simply had to come first in my life for a while. Actually, said newborn is one year old now and she STILL comes first, but thankfully she has a wonderful daddy to take care of her and her big bro while mama goes and gets some work done. It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it. Haha!
In honor of my return to NYC, I thought it would be fun to round up some fashion week essentials. In years past, there have been a few things that I consider must have items to have on hand as they kept me pulled together when I was running around the Big Apple during Mercedes Benz Fashion Week.
1. Lip Gloss: It's easy to slick on fast and gives you some polish instantly. This Pacific Illusion Beauty Lip Trio comes with the cutest cosmetic bag!
2. A fun smart phone case: I currently have my iPhone encased in a tough as nails, my kids can throw it if they want to, kinda case, but fashion week calls for something a little chicer. This brightly colored case is available at Artisan Gems Boutique.
Ten Things You Can Do RIGHT NOW to get ready for ski season
I finally see snow in the forecast here in Vermont and that means ski season isn't too far away. Like all gear-intensive sports, you're going to need to do some pre-season work to make sure you're ready for the first snow day. And don't forget, skiing and riding also require ...read more
Cheesy Chicken Nacho Recipe
This week you're likely to let the kids indulge a bit on sweets. And guess what? More holidays are coming. The kids want sweets. Moms want the kids to eat well-balanced meals with plenty of nutrition. I rely on easy recipes that are ready in a flash with wholesome ingredients ...read more
Planning Snack Sized Fall Family Adventures
Fall is simply the best time of year for family adventures. When you live in New England, nature simply beckons you outdoors. Life was simpler when the girls were little, we had wide open calendars and outdoor adventures were easier to execute. But now with school plays, cross ...read more
3. and 4. Comfortable footwear: You'll definitely see some fierce stilettos strutting around Lincoln Center, but you don't want to be crying at the end of the day. So, I highly suggest you pick out a pair of on trend booties like these Dolce Vita beauties (available at Olive and Bette's 1-800-396-1236) and throw some flats like this foldable Born pair in your bag for when even the semi comfortable booties become unbearable.
5. Concealer: Nothing ruins photos like under eye circles. They plague this girl big time, so I don't make a move without my YSL Touche Eclat concealer.
6. A good sized tote: If you're out for most the day, you're going to want your bag to have plenty of storage space. This Rebecca Minkoff number is plenty big, but also crazy gorgeous and a perfect color for fall!
So, what are your fashion week must haves lovelies?
Momtrends was not paid for this post.