With New Year’s resolutions come new opportunities for “Oh!” moments—those moments when you look and feel confident, empowered and happy. Celebrity news correspondent Catt Sadler shared some of her favorite fashions tips on how to look fresh and fashionable in 2014.
Five fashion tips from Catt Sadler:
1. This is NOT a time to blend in! To show off your new and improved body, choose bright colors and bold prints that help you get noticed and express the strong, increasingly confident person you've become! You can mix and match prints (which is still a fashion trend this year) and play with lots of textures, too. Those days of trying to blend in are O-V-E-R!
2. Often when we're unhappy with our bodies we tend to hide in our boyfriend jeans or oversized sweaters and jackets; it's time to tuck these away. Now that you're feeling fantastic, select more fitted silhouettes that reveal just how hard you've been working! It may be difficult to get out of the habit of "covering up," but embrace your slimmed down curves and don't hesitate to show off the goods with streamlined clothes and even sexier cuts that accentuate your body.
Get Out and Play with a Smarter Set of Wheels
Our family has been through many wheels over the years. Since we are mostly an urban family, our kids found scootering the best way to get to school. My kids got bigger, so I’ve been researching options for them. Now it's time for an upgrade to our wheels and we've got some ...read more
The Best Diaper Pails and Accessories
I do believe diapering is the one activity we do the most of when our kiddos are young. For more months than I care to remember, I changed diaper after diaper after diaper. An all inclusive list of the best diaper pails and diaper accessories would have been so very helpful. ...read more
Breast Cancer Awareness Tips to Empower Yourself
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and we are all about sharing tips to keep our busy moms healthy and at the top of their game. I think it's safe to say, we are all aware of Breast Cancer, but when it comes to breast-cancer prevention, we are sharing tips to help you feel ...read more
3. For the first time in years we've been seeing pastels in the winter time! Don't wait for summer to bust out your pinks, lilacs and baby blues. Show off the new you by showing you know exactly what's on trend. Accompany that new pair of fitted jeans with a soft yellow sweater and baby pink lip gloss. Your friends will admire your bold choices!
4. Often when we don't feel our best, we're not motivated to dress up. Sneakers and sweat pants can be the 'uniform.' Now that you're looking and feeling great, try dressing up more than usual.
5. You know the old saying, ‘dress for the job you want, not the job you have’? Well, this applies to the way you want to be perceived by your peers and is truly a reflection of how you're feeling inside. Dress for success and you'll continue being successful in most areas of your life, including your new healthier way of living.
6. To celebrate the slimmer you, splurge and buy yourself one new piece of clothing. Naturally, the biggest reward of all is acknowledging that your hard work and dedication has paid off, but splurging on one new blouse or a pair of pants one size smaller certainly validates the new, thinner you. Rocking a brand new chic blazer sure says OH! to me!
Momtrends was not paid for this post