It's back to school season! In addition to loading up on school supplies, we are really excited to buy some new items for our little ones. Since school shopping can add up we are happy that are stores like Marshalls and T.J.Maxx, the nation'??s leading off-price retailers are around where we can score high quality, designer and top brand name merchandise covering the latest trends and classic pieces for the whole family. In fact, at Marshalls and T.J.Maxx you can find designer merchandise that is 20 '?? 60% off '?? meaning you never have to sacrifice style for price.
I recently had the chance to learn more about off-priced shopping and back to school trends at a fun event hosted byAudrey McClelland, Spokesperson of Marshalls and T.J.Maxx. At the event Audrey spoke about how over 10,000 new and high value items are delivered each week to Marshalls and T.J.Maxx. These items must be a fashion classic or on-trend and they also must be high quality. The items also have to be a brand or designer name and they have to be negotiable to sell up to 60% less to the consumer.
At the event, we are also treated to a mini-fashion show where Audrey described the key trends for the season. I loved learning about the latest fashions '?? from little girls to teenagers where the key is about letting them express themselves and mixing and matching. Here are some more specifics about some back to school trends for this school year:
7 Tips to Prioritize Your Family's Eye Health
We've all had lots of things on our individual and collective plates. But keeping up with routine doctor's appointments? Well, that's one priority that many of us have bumped to the back burner in light of more pressing circumstances. But, regardless of the ongoing pandemic and ...read more
Caring for Kid's Glasses Tune-Up Tips and Tricks
Wearing glasses makes life just a little more complicated and inconvenient for young children. My daughter has been wearing glasses since she was two (amblyopia and strabismus) and I feel like I've spent a gajillion dollars on frames and lenses. I've learned a lot along the way ...read more
A Better Foccacia Sandwich
We've got a great picnic recipe to share. With summer here, I love all the dining al fresco options. This yummy sandwich recipe ditches traditional fattening spreads in favor or protein-packed Greek yogurt for the perfect summer focaccia sandwich. Related: Plan your perfect ...read more
- Teen girls: A must-have item for teen girls is a French terry zip-up hoodie '?? either in solids or stripes. Layering with multiple tops, belts and accessories is key as they flaunt and learn about their style.
- Teen boys: Denim is a key wardrobe staple '??especially darker washes paired with vintage tees and lightweight jackets.
- Little girls: Sweaters and sweater dresses with cowl necks, belts, and hoods in combination with accessories like knits, leggings and tights are a great ensemble for little girls.
- Little boys: Darker wash jeans with back-pocket details are ideal for little boys and they go great with vintage tees (both long and short) as well as polos. Boys can also mix it up with zip-up hoodies in solids, stripes or graphic prints.
- Sneakers: Footwear from athletic and endurance shoes are great for kids of all ages and boots and flats are ideal for teens.
Audrey also shared some of her key back to school shopping tips:
- Let children embrace trends and their creativity by letting them mix and match.
- Buy doubles of your kids favorite items. They can live in their favorite t-shirts, sweaters, fleeces, and jeans '?? making it a great choice to buy double '?? especially at 60% off.
- Get them excited about going back to school with fun back to school supplies like folders and organizations bins.
- Give your teens an allowance to see how far they can go when shopping at stores like T.J. Maxx and Marshalls. This can help them to compare prices and learn more about quality goods for half he price.
- Remember the trends and shop throughout the season so that you can always get fantastic goods for less.
Fashion is a great way for our kids to express themselves and learn more about their style and thanks to off-priced stores they can rock the latest trends for half the price '?? making Marshalls and T.J. Maxx a popular choice for smart shoppers for both during the back to school and throughout the year.
Serena Norr is a NYC-based writer/editor, soup-maker, and more importantly, a mama to two girls. You can read more soup recipes on her blog: seriouslysoupy.com.
MomTrends was not paid for this post. We were given a goodie bag filled with a gift card and some back to school supplies.