Did you know that there is a science to happiness. Happify, a popular emotional wellbeing startup, that has published a new infographic for Mother’s Day. In the infographic, Happify points out that pregnancy and breast-feeding protect women from heart disease, multiple sclerosis, and diabetes, and that most women say two is the ideal number of kids they’d like to have.
Check out some of the stats to see if this is how you feel:
- 73% of moms say they are doing an excellent or very good job as a parent
- Holding our babies gives women a natural surge of the “love hormone” oxytocin, which reduces blood pressure
- 62% of working mothers would rather work part-time, while 21% of fathers say the same thing
- The best medicine for mommy stress? A female social network.
- What do moms really want for Mother’s Day? Quality time with family, a gift card to their favorite store, or fine dining out!
How to Care For Your Orchid to Keep it Alive
Flowers are such a balm. Having a bloom in my home can instantly bring my stress level down a few notches. I love getting weekly bouquets from my farm stand and I love having flowering plants in my home too. The trouble is, I'm not great with plant care. I've been wondering how ...read more
Ten Things You Can Do RIGHT NOW to get ready for ski season
I finally see snow in the forecast here in Vermont and that means ski season isn't too far away. Like all gear-intensive sports, you're going to need to do some pre-season work to make sure you're ready for the first snow day. And don't forget, skiing and riding also require ...read more
Cheesy Chicken Nacho Recipe
This week you're likely to let the kids indulge a bit on sweets. And guess what? More holidays are coming. The kids want sweets. Moms want the kids to eat well-balanced meals with plenty of nutrition. I rely on easy recipes that are ready in a flash with wholesome ingredients ...read more
Happify also has infographics around the science of raising happy kids, thescience behind a happy relationship, and the relationship between money and happiness, all of which were incredibly popular within their demographics.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.