Did you know that there is a science to happiness. Happify, a popular emotional wellbeing startup, that has published a new infographic for Mother’s Day. In the infographic, Happify points out that pregnancy and breast-feeding protect women from heart disease, multiple sclerosis, and diabetes, and that most women say two is the ideal number of kids they’d like to have.
Check out some of the stats to see if this is how you feel:
- 73% of moms say they are doing an excellent or very good job as a parent
- Holding our babies gives women a natural surge of the “love hormone” oxytocin, which reduces blood pressure
- 62% of working mothers would rather work part-time, while 21% of fathers say the same thing
- The best medicine for mommy stress? A female social network.
- What do moms really want for Mother’s Day? Quality time with family, a gift card to their favorite store, or fine dining out!
5 Pretty Ways To Organize Your Jewelry
I admit - I'm guilt. Despite my best efforts, my "jewelry drawer" has become a tangled mess of necklaces, bracelets and earrings. This cluttered collection not only makes it hard to see what I have, but difficult to untangle the pieces I do want to wear! This summer, I'm ...read more
This Year's Coolest Jumbo Pool Floats
Pool season is almost here! I can't wait to relax, read a book, and sip a cocktail while lazily drifting in an oversized float. (Just kidding, I have two toddlers--but a swim mama can dream, right?). If you've got a staycation planned, check out this year's coolest jumbo pool ...read more
Crystal Clear and Pristine: Pool-Cleaning Tips
Tropical Storm Isaiah gave us quite the midsummer surprise here in the suburbs of New York City. We just got our power back on after a whole week of darkness! With trees down, debris everywhere, and lots of uncertainty, one thing we forgot to check on: our above ground Intex ...read more
Happify also has infographics around the science of raising happy kids, thescience behind a happy relationship, and the relationship between money and happiness, all of which were incredibly popular within their demographics.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.