Looking for a fresh new recipe to try for your weekend entertaining? How about a taste of paradise from Atlantis the Bahamas resort. A few months ago we tested out the resort--though the main meals were a little bland, the desert table continuously wowed us.
This kid-friendly recipe is shared with Momtrends courtesy of Valerie Gray, Head Pastry Chef of the new Atlantis Kids Club kitchen.
Atlantis Kids Adventures (AKA) is a new 8,000-square-foot state-of-the-art kid'??s club, complete with a culinary kitchen where young guests are provided the ultimate culinary immersion with hands-on daily cooking demonstrations in a fully functioning kitchen. Our little chef tester loved the club and I can highly recommend the resort for active families--you've got to earn all those calories! To read the full report go here.
'??Better than Mom'??s'? Carrot Cake
Equipment: Whisk, Mixing Bowls, Wooden Spoons, Baking Molds
1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 Pinches Cinnamon
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 Cup Grated Carrots
1/4 Cup Flaked Coconut
1 Tablespoon Crushed pineapple
1. Mix sugar, oil, egg and vanilla together with a whisk
2. Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, carrots, coconut and pineapple
3. Grease baking molds well and fill ¾ full
4. Bake at 340 degrees in oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
5. When cooked and cooled, drizzle with frosting below and serve
Cream Cheese Frosting
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup cream cheese
1 each Orange zest and Juice
1. Cream butter and sugar together
2. Add cream cheese, orange juice and zest and mix until all combined