Domestic Construction, a community recycling program, recently discovered an empty lot that is connected to their design studio. Located in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, Domestic Construction has been brainstorming a slew of projects for the space such as an experiential community garden focused on sustainability, food production, urban living, and art. In order for this to happen, the company needs funds in order for this design.plot to begin. They are also planning to use the space for farming workshops, film screenings, art exhibitions, and much more!
The company is asking for donations starting at $10 to cover costs of materials, plants, dirt, equipment and permits necessary for the following projects:
- Regrading the land to form a "lounging" hill with built in living furniture.
- Planting trees to create a mini forest-like atmosphere.
- Building sculptural geodesic greenhouses for winter food production.
- Building planting beds in preparation for spring 2012.
- Creating a bird house village installation.
- Developing vertical garden structures.
To learn more about this project and to make a donation, please visit:
MomTrends NYC was not paid for this post.