We love entertaining in the summer, but it can be stressful to host a party. To help us out, we learned some tips from Carla Ruben, CEO and founder of Creative Edge Parties, New York’s leading event planning and catering company. Also referred to as "The Party Therapist," she has helped and responded to so many questions and scenarios about how to plan the perfect party and how to overcome stress about entertaining. Check out her five tips for stress-free entertaining this summer.
- Don’t spend your summer day cooking. Enjoy the day with your family and friends. Plan, prepare, and pre-cook the night before. Everything will be ready to go.
- Make your guests feel comfortable. Don’t stress about the weather. The weather in the summer is unpredictable and sometimes the forecasts aren’t correct and a storm blows through. Always prepare for rain.
- Beverages: Don’t stress over chilling wine and champagne. They are out. This is the year of beer! The new trend is to mix and match bottles. There are so many great brews out there, and it makes an interesting and colorful table to have a large selection at your beer bar!
- Catering tips: Summer classics with a twist to prepare for your guests -
Everyone loves pigs in blankets Make them all different. In addition to franks, fill them with chicken, shrimp, lobster, or different sausages. Spice up corn on the cob by preparing a butter bar with selections of butter toppings Truffle butter, Chili butter, Smoked Bacon butter, Lemon butter, Cheese butter, or Salted Caramel butter.
- For Pop-In Guests! What can you have on hand when guests pop by unexpectedly? For pop-in people, have liquor pops (you can have in your freezer)
Lemonade flavors infused with rum, vodka, or tequila.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.