Five tips for a healthier new you. We want you to meet your weight loss and fitness goals for 2011. And we're here to help. This week instead of sharing a recipe, we're sharing five tips for cutting the extra fat, salt and calories from your diet.
1. Momma always told you to eat your veggies. This year vow to eat your greens first and then tackle the rest of your meal. Packed with nutrients that help fight cancer and other serious diseases--ideally include dark leafy greens on your plate every day.
2. Pick your poison. Wine (beer/cocktail) or desert? You pick. But don't think you can get away with consuming both on a regular basis without ramifications. Both are sugar and calorie nightmares. Both are delightful. Pick one and stick to it.
3. Breakfast is for champions. Moms that skip breakfast are likely to lunge at that box of goldfish. Start your day with at least a yogurt and a handful of almonds. WebMd says, "Many studies, in both adults and children, have shown that breakfast eaters tend to weigh less than breakfast skippers."
4. Banish the bread. I grew up with bread on the table every night. Though tasty, this filler will rack up the calories without being filling. Save the bread for sandwiches or special occasions.
5. Diet is a four-letter word. Don't grumble about your muffin top in front of the kids. Lead by example. Shop smart, eat smart exercise.
What are the secrets of your success for staying healthy and slim? For more tips on living a fabulous life check out Amoderatelife.com/baby-steps-to-a-rockin-life/
Momtrends was not paid for this post.