We all know and love those squishy, sugary little animal confections called "Peeps". But popping a whole bunch of sweets right before swimsuit season is not my idea of a good time. So instead of getting a belly ache, I get my Peep fix by creating something almost just as yummy---this adorable Peep banner.
Related: 10 Sweet Easter Treats
Easter Peep DIY Banner Materials
- Colored Card Stock
- Baker's Twine
- Roller glue
- Sharpie or black pen
Easter Peep DIY Banner Directions
- The first thing you need to do is draw yourself (or download one) a Peep template. WARNING: you will feel compelled to make these bunnies perfect. DON'T stress yourself out. They are simulated marshmallows after all.
- Choose your preferred Peep color card stock and cut out the desired amount.
- Then add tiny holes in the tops of the bunny ears.
- For your "front" Peeps, add three dots to make eyes and a nose.
- For your "back" Peeps, add another hole about a half inch from the bottom of the bunny.
- Snip off one end of the Q-tip and insert. No glue needed.
Next you'll make the carrots. Cut a triangle out of orange card stock and round he edges. Cut a square of green card stock and cut one side at odd angles. Round the edges so it fits to the top of the carrot. Secure the greens to the carrot with roller glue. Poke some holes in the top of the greens.
Cookbook for Moms Who Ski and Ride
Winter is here and it's time for outdoor adventures. Skiing, hiking and sledding can make a family hungry. This winter, there's an awesome solution for moms a new cookbook for moms who ski and ride. The Ski Moms Cookbook is a digital cookbook with 36 recipes that are easy to ...read more
How to Celebrate Adoptive Parents
I recently learned that a friend who had been patiently awaiting a child became a parent practically overnight. When I heard about this loving couple bringing home their first baby, it really got me thinking about how to celebrate adoptive parents. We have experience with ...read more
Spiked Apple Cider Pops
September in the South is, in my opinion, still summer. The eighties and nineties always prevail and make the traditional fall flavors that I crave so much slightly out of reach. As much as I want to relax and sip on some hot cider, at the moment, I still need something iced. ...read more
Lastly, you will string your Peeps with the Baker's twine in the pattern you like best. Get creative!
Easter Peep DIY Banner Video Tutorial
For more instructions, check out the video below.
Thanks for watching, and as always, leave a comment if you have any ideas for more crafts!
MORE EASTER IDEAS FROM MOMTRENDS
- Cutest and craftiest Easter desserts
- Make an Easter Fairy Garden
- DIY Easter Bunny Basket and Bunny Game
Use Pinterest to save your favorite entertaining ideas. Be sure to follow our Easter Pinterest board here.