We all know and love those squishy, sugary little animal confections called "Peeps". But popping a whole bunch of sweets right before swimsuit season is not my idea of a good time. So instead of getting a belly ache, I get my Peep fix by creating something almost just as yummy---this adorable Peep banner.
Related: 10 Sweet Easter Treats
Easter Peep DIY Banner Materials
- Colored Card Stock
- Baker's Twine
- Roller glue
- Sharpie or black pen
Easter Peep DIY Banner Directions
- The first thing you need to do is draw yourself (or download one) a Peep template. WARNING: you will feel compelled to make these bunnies perfect. DON'T stress yourself out. They are simulated marshmallows after all.
- Choose your preferred Peep color card stock and cut out the desired amount.
- Then add tiny holes in the tops of the bunny ears.
- For your "front" Peeps, add three dots to make eyes and a nose.
- For your "back" Peeps, add another hole about a half inch from the bottom of the bunny.
- Snip off one end of the Q-tip and insert. No glue needed.
Next you'll make the carrots. Cut a triangle out of orange card stock and round he edges. Cut a square of green card stock and cut one side at odd angles. Round the edges so it fits to the top of the carrot. Secure the greens to the carrot with roller glue. Poke some holes in the top of the greens.
Lastly, you will string your Peeps with the Baker's twine in the pattern you like best. Get creative!
Easter Peep DIY Banner Video Tutorial
For more instructions, check out the video below.
Thanks for watching, and as always, leave a comment if you have any ideas for more crafts!
MORE EASTER IDEAS FROM MOMTRENDS
- Cutest and craftiest Easter desserts
- Make an Easter Fairy Garden
- DIY Easter Bunny Basket and Bunny Game
Use Pinterest to save your favorite entertaining ideas. Be sure to follow our Easter Pinterest board here.