We all know and love those squishy, sugary little animal confections called "Peeps". But popping a whole bunch of sweets right before swimsuit season is not my idea of a good time. So instead of getting a belly ache, I get my Peep fix by creating something almost just as yummy---this adorable Peep banner.
Related: 10 Sweet Easter Treats
Easter Peep DIY Banner Materials
- Colored Card Stock
- Baker's Twine
- Roller glue
- Sharpie or black pen
Easter Peep DIY Banner Directions
- The first thing you need to do is draw yourself (or download one) a Peep template. WARNING: you will feel compelled to make these bunnies perfect. DON'T stress yourself out. They are simulated marshmallows after all.
- Choose your preferred Peep color card stock and cut out the desired amount.
- Then add tiny holes in the tops of the bunny ears.
- For your "front" Peeps, add three dots to make eyes and a nose.
- For your "back" Peeps, add another hole about a half inch from the bottom of the bunny.
- Snip off one end of the Q-tip and insert. No glue needed.
Next you'll make the carrots. Cut a triangle out of orange card stock and round he edges. Cut a square of green card stock and cut one side at odd angles. Round the edges so it fits to the top of the carrot. Secure the greens to the carrot with roller glue. Poke some holes in the top of the greens.
The Ten Best Wooden Play Kitchens For Kids
Cooking is a timeless fascination for children. This type of play goes beyond gender and teaches kids loads of life skills along the way. An investment in a play kitchen is money well spent, as it can provide hours of entertainment. We've rounded up the ten best wooden play ...read more
New Victory Announces a New Season of Shows
We know you're busy planning picnics and summer outings, but we wanted to let you know that The New Victory just announced their new season and it looks fantastic. We thought you'd like a sneak peek of what's in store! Each year the New Vic theater brings culture to tourists and ...read more
Fun Ways to Discover Venice Italy with Your Family
Greetings from Italy wear the gelato is rich, the clothes divine and the scenery is inspiring. Now that I've been to this fine city in the north of Italy, twice, I've amassed a list of favorites to share. These are some fun ways to discover Venice, Italy with your family. ...read more
Lastly, you will string your Peeps with the Baker's twine in the pattern you like best. Get creative!
Easter Peep DIY Banner Video Tutorial
For more instructions, check out the video below.
Thanks for watching, and as always, leave a comment if you have any ideas for more crafts!
MORE EASTER IDEAS FROM MOMTRENDS
- Cutest and craftiest Easter desserts
- Make an Easter Fairy Garden
- DIY Easter Bunny Basket and Bunny Game
Use Pinterest to save your favorite entertaining ideas. Be sure to follow our Easter Pinterest board here.