Products Used :
Is there anything more appropriate than a bright, red lip for the holidays? While I'm sure we can think of a few other occasions throughout the year where a lip color that pops is more than necessary, I absolutely love this glam pout all throughout the month of December.
Today, I'm sharing just a few quick and easy steps on how I wear a cream lip stain without having it smudge, budge, or transfer. Lip Stains can be quite tricky but with a little bit of practice a few tips I picked up from the pros, I'm ready to share with you how simple this look is to wear.
1. Buff the Lips. You can do this 2-3 times throughout the week but it's important to have a smooth surface with wearing a lip stain with a matte finish. I love this Sugar Lip Polish because it's an easy way to exfoliate your lips and in under a minute. It's coarse consistency buffs away all the old, dried out layers on your lips for a smooth surface that will help the product apply evenly.
Five Tips To For a Girl's First Leg Shave
Do you remember your first time shaving? Mine wasn’t pretty. I snuck my dad’s razor and shaved my legs dry. It wasn’t pretty. Get your daughter ready for this rite of passage with the right tools and a quick education. We've got five tips to help you navigate your daughter's ...read more
Why You Should Add Wild Blueberries to Your Diet
Do your New Year's goals involve healthier eating? Adding more fruits and vegetables to your diet? Or even adding tasty new recipes to your repertoire? We've got five reasons for you to add wild blueberries to your diet. Our friends from the Wild Blueberry Association have ...read more
Why Moms are Loving This Blueberry Couscous Salad
It's blueberry picking time. And while most blueberry recipes revolve around baked goods, we've got something different to share. First, a few sentences singing the praises of this lovely fruit. Blueberries are high in antioxidants, improve memory function and reduce the effects ...read more
2. Using Sephora Cream Lip Stain, I slowly apply a light coat to my top and bottom lip.Be sure line your natural lips carefully. If you're feeling daring and like a fuller appearance, a stain is a great product to push your natural lip line but easy does it, as it's can look a bit cartoon-like if you over due it. For me, with such a powerful color, I find that less is usually more.
3. Blot and let it dry so it doesn't transfer on your teeth. Consider Step 2 your base coat.
4. After a minute or so, re-apply the lip stain on both the top and bottom lip. Again, wait for the product to dry completely.
5. Not while wearing this product, I recommend using Sugar Lip Shine Treatment, which is a lip gloss that comes in a few tints (or wear the clear/pink that I usually wear). Wearing a gloss on top of this product might cause it to smudge or transfer and seeing how this is a matte finish, it's not meant to "shine".
So easy, yes?! Are you willing to try a red lip this season? If not for the holidays, definitely for your upcoming date night or a night out with the girls! Let me know how you like the products I've mentioned today if you give them a shot! Sephora has such a great return policy that even if they don't work out for you, they're is so much flexibility and taking them back and finding something that you love.
Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!