The holidays can be a hectic time for families scrambling to finish preparing for holiday parties and vacations. Online care booking platforms have revolutionized the way families manage booking everything from babysitting to pet care during these busy times. These easy-to-navigate websites make peoples’ lives more convenient by allowing them to research and book the care services they need in a streamlined way that saves time and money.
From childcare to pet care, here are the top 5 family care booking websites for the holiday season:
- Carebooker: Known as the “Open Table” of family care services, CareBooker offers a FREE way for families to find and book services such as babysitting, pet care, tutoring and more. CareBooker has a rapidly growing user base of service providers that can be booked for interviews and appointments around their real-time schedules and profiles that include services, prices, background checks, qualifications and certified reviews.
- Care.com:Started solely as a babysitting hub for sitters and parents alike, Care.com has grown into a platform for childcare, senior care and house care. For a $39 monthly membership, users can select the type of care they desire and match their needs with a fitting caregiver.
- SitterCity: Founded in 2001, SitterCity is a platform where families can find care for children, pets and seniors. The site offers monthly, 3-month and annual paid plans that allow people to post care jobs or search for a local provider in their area.
- UrbanSitter: Whether planning a date night or looking for a full-time nanny, UrbanSitter makes booking childcare a breeze. Parents and sitters can create profiles where they can post jobs, availability and rates for service. UrbanSitter also provides certified background checks, easy online payment system, parent reviews and recommendations.
- DogVacay: Perfect for dog owners who travel often, DogVacay allows owners to schedule, book and pay online for boarding. Reservations include dedicated support, free pet insurance and daily photo updates. It’s more affordable than a kennel and offers 24/7 care, providing a greater peace of mind for dog owners across the country.
Keeping your New Year's resolutions
The New Year is off to a fresh start, and many of us are committed to doing something or many things with more intention this year. But it's tough to stay on track. In fact, “Quitters Day”, which falls on January 14th this year, is the day when most people give up. How can you ...read more
Kids in the Kitchen: Mini Banana Waffle Pies With Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce
School has started back for many (us included!), and today's Kid's in the Kitchen recipe makes for a perfect breakfast or after-school snack. We made ours for an after-school snack the other day and my second grader loved it. We call this recipe Mini Banana Waffle Pies With ...read more
The Best Overnight French Toast Recipe
We've hit the winter lull--that lengthy stretch of season with no plans, no parties, nothing to do, and nowhere to go. I have to admit that at first, I welcomed the quiet obligation-free weekends of January. After the nonstop hustle-bustle pace of November and December, my family ...read more
The Shopping Mama was not paid for this post