I didn't start out the craftiest girl in the world, but having kiddos has really helped me up my DIY game...That and Pinterest of course. Haha! Plus, my daughter is majorly into arts and crafts these day, so I try to come up with fun projects that we can make together as often as I can. That smile that lights up her face when she's creating is priceless. So, I knew she would love my latest Valentine's Day idea...DIY ice cream cones with Hershey's Kisses Conversation Candies, even if I made them on my own. I wanted them to be a surprise you see!
DIY Ice Cream Cone Craft for Valentine's Day
I was planning on making the ice cream cones out of paper, but when I saw little cone shaped bags at my local craft store, I came up with an even easier idea. I'm all about hacks you see...in every area of my life. Haha! Us busy moms can use all the time saving measures we can get right? Well, these little bags definitely trimmed down the time it took to make my ice cream one Valentine surprises. In fact, it should take you mere minutes to recreate them if you so desire. So, let's talk about what you'll need...
DIY Ice Cream Cone Craft for Valentine's Day Materials:
- 2 bags of Hershey's Kisses Conversation Candies (makes 4)
- 4 cone shaped plastic treat bags
- 2 metallic pipe cleaners (cut in half)
DIY Ice Cream Cone Craft for Valentine's Day Directions:
1. Unwrap enough Hershey's Kisses Conversation Candies to fill up about 2/3 of your treat bag. This will be the "cone".
2. Add those to your bag, then top the unwrapped candies with wrapped ones. *You can go the multi-color route like I did or just use one color. The purple and pink Hershey's Kisses Conversation Candies would be just lovely on their own, but being that my son likes the blues ones the best, I decided to use all the colors for universal appeal.
Get Ready for Summer Tea Collection Sale
Even if we all have to stay local, summer is going strong. As you head to the pool or day camp you might have noticed your kids GREW during the past year. Just in time for summer, Tea Collection is rolling out a big deal on swimwear and graphic tees for kids. I've enlisted some ...read more
The Key to a Great Overnight Oat Recipe
Working moms know the importance of meal planning. I'm getting ready for busy few weeks and I've been perfecting my fast breakfast options. I’ve been using Bob's Redmill Organic Steel Cut Oats to prepare my overnight oats for a nice, cold breakfast in the morning and I'm going to ...read more
Morning Sickness Relief with Sea-Band Mama
While pregnancy is this amazing and beautiful time in a women's life, it is also one that can wreak havoc on the body. From morning sickness to discomfort to cravings, the body that you once knew so well becomes this vessel for your baby. Of course, this is all worth it but ...read more
3. Tie off the bag with the metallic pipe cleaner and, voila, you have an ice cream Valentine!
I served my ice cream cones on a tray sprinkled with some other Hershey's treats like Reeses's Conversation Cups because...well, why not? It's Valentine's Day after all! A perfect time to send a #HSYMessageOfLove. Who wouldn't want to dig into an ice cream shaped treat filled with delicious Hershey's candy? I know this girl would! And I know another certain little girl who definitely would too...Just look at that smile!
If you need some more sweet celebration ideas for Valentine's Day and beyond, head on over to CelebrateWithHersheys.com!
MORE WAYS TO MAKE IT A HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
- 10 Valentine's Day Mailboxes to Craft with Your Kids
- Best Kids Valentine's Day Ideas on Pinterest
- Two sweet kids valentine baskets
Be sure to follow our Valentines board and pin your favorite ideas.