I didn't start out the craftiest girl in the world, but having kiddos has really helped me up my DIY game...That and Pinterest of course. Haha! Plus, my daughter is majorly into arts and crafts these day, so I try to come up with fun projects that we can make together as often as I can. That smile that lights up her face when she's creating is priceless. So, I knew she would love my latest Valentine's Day idea...DIY ice cream cones with Hershey's Kisses Conversation Candies, even if I made them on my own. I wanted them to be a surprise you see!
DIY Ice Cream Cone Craft for Valentine's Day
I was planning on making the ice cream cones out of paper, but when I saw little cone shaped bags at my local craft store, I came up with an even easier idea. I'm all about hacks you see...in every area of my life. Haha! Us busy moms can use all the time saving measures we can get right? Well, these little bags definitely trimmed down the time it took to make my ice cream one Valentine surprises. In fact, it should take you mere minutes to recreate them if you so desire. So, let's talk about what you'll need...
DIY Ice Cream Cone Craft for Valentine's Day Materials:
- 2 bags of Hershey's Kisses Conversation Candies (makes 4)
- 4 cone shaped plastic treat bags
- 2 metallic pipe cleaners (cut in half)
DIY Ice Cream Cone Craft for Valentine's Day Directions:
1. Unwrap enough Hershey's Kisses Conversation Candies to fill up about 2/3 of your treat bag. This will be the "cone".
2. Add those to your bag, then top the unwrapped candies with wrapped ones. *You can go the multi-color route like I did or just use one color. The purple and pink Hershey's Kisses Conversation Candies would be just lovely on their own, but being that my son likes the blues ones the best, I decided to use all the colors for universal appeal.
Skip the Crowds and Take Your Family Skiing in Waterville Valley
After a sizable snow storm over Martin Luther King weekend, there were plenty of lift lines and skiers heading to Vermont. Amazingly, most of them drove right past an awesome resort. I'm encouraging families to skip the crowds on the next winter holiday and take a family ski trip ...read more
Keeping your New Year's resolutions
The New Year is off to a fresh start, and many of us are committed to doing something or many things with more intention this year. But it's tough to stay on track. In fact, “Quitters Day”, which falls on January 14th this year, is the day when most people give up. How can you ...read more
Kids in the Kitchen: Mini Banana Waffle Pies With Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce
School has started back for many (us included!), and today's Kid's in the Kitchen recipe makes for a perfect breakfast or after-school snack. We made ours for an after-school snack the other day and my second grader loved it. We call this recipe Mini Banana Waffle Pies With ...read more
3. Tie off the bag with the metallic pipe cleaner and, voila, you have an ice cream Valentine!
I served my ice cream cones on a tray sprinkled with some other Hershey's treats like Reeses's Conversation Cups because...well, why not? It's Valentine's Day after all! A perfect time to send a #HSYMessageOfLove. Who wouldn't want to dig into an ice cream shaped treat filled with delicious Hershey's candy? I know this girl would! And I know another certain little girl who definitely would too...Just look at that smile!
If you need some more sweet celebration ideas for Valentine's Day and beyond, head on over to CelebrateWithHersheys.com!
MORE WAYS TO MAKE IT A HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
- 10 Valentine's Day Mailboxes to Craft with Your Kids
- Best Kids Valentine's Day Ideas on Pinterest
- Two sweet kids valentine baskets
Be sure to follow our Valentines board and pin your favorite ideas.