In honor of Get Cooking Month, I'm sharing a old standard in my home--roasted sweet potatoes. I love this recipe because they are easy, tasty and the kids can help.
First, let's take a moment to sing the praises of the sweet potato--they aren't just for Thanksgiving! These beauties are loaded with beta carotene (vitamin A), high in vitamin C, a good source of fiber and naturally fat-free.
2 large sweet potatoes
1/4 olive oil
1/2 tsp. rosemary
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Slice the sweet potatoes in thin round discs.
- Have your kidsadd the sliced potatoes and the all the other ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix well.
- Lay sweet potatoes flat on a cookie sheet (spread them out so they cook evenly)
- Bake for 30 minutes.
For crispier results. broil the potatoes for a minute when done! They are great with fish, chicken and kids love them. Makes about 4 servings.
I linked this review and recipe here:
- I am Blissfully Domestic at Blissfully Domestic
- Tackle-it-Tuesday at 5 Minutes for Mom.
- Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at Blessed With Grace.
- Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.
- Talk About It Tuesday at The Lazy Organizer
-Kitchen Tip Tuesday at Tammy's Recipes.
The Grocery Cart Challenge Thursday recipe swap.