The search is on to find the cutest kid in America! Parents magazine launched its cute kid cover contest today. From 8:00 a.m. EST on April 1 to 8:59 p.m. EST on June 22, proud moms and dads can submit photos of their kids for a chance to win $10,000 and a chance appear on November 2013 cover of Parents, on newsstands October 8.
Ten finalists, nine chosen by Parents editors and one picked by reader vote, will be brought to New York City for an all-expenses-paid professional photo shoot. The deadline for entries is Saturday, June 22, 2013.
To enter the 2013 Cover Contest, parents can upload adorable, non-professional photos of their child between the ages of three months to six years on the Parents magazine Facebook page. Once photos are submitted, participants are automatically entered to win a $10,000 sweepstakes.
Dana Points, Parents magazine Editor-in-Chief offers these tips for taking the perfect photo:
1. Make sure the childs personality shines through during a happy, energetic moment in each photo you submit.
2. Take photos in front of a simple, natural background. A busy background is often distracting. Natural light and outdoor shots are great!
3. Dress appropriately. Stay away from complicated and intricate clothing, hats and peek-a-boo blankets.
4. Include background to make the photo interesting. We know your little one is the center of attention, but steer clear of extreme close-up shots.
5. Shoot, shoot, shoot. Take a lot of photosyoull have tons of cute images to choose from.
The following Monday after photos are uploaded, parents will receive an email notifying them that their childs photo is available for Readers Choice voting. Parents, friends and family will then be able to vote daily for one week. The photo with the most votes each week will be deemed a Readers Choice semi-finalist and win a $250 gift card. On or around July 8, 2013, the twelve Readers Choice semi-finalists will be posted for final voting in order to determine the one Readers Choice winner. That winner will become one of the 10 finalists and receive an all-expenses-paid trip to New York City.
For more information and contest rules, check out the May 2013 issue of Parents on newsstands April 9 or visit parents.com/cover-rules. Enter a child in the contest on the Parents magazine Facebook page. For regular contest updates, follow Parents on Twitter @parentsmagazine or on Facebook at facebook.com/parentsmagazine.
Momtrends was not paid for this post